RTiA5 In a Custom Wall Entertainment System?

cjrazus12
cjrazus12 Posts: 1
edited September 2018 in Speakers
I am looking at having a custom entertainment company tear down my 1998 built in and update the wall with more of a "work of art" updated look. I don't want to buy new speakers. I have a large room. I am sure putting my RTiA5's in a loosely enclosed "nook" with a speaker cloth grill in front will hurt sound quality. My question is: do you think the speakers will sound terrible? Will the Pioneer MCACC help reduce the diminished sound quality? I like my audio more so than the average joe, but I am by no means Dr. Audiophile. Just trying to get an idea of what percentage decrease in sound quality I will have?
Thanks

Answers

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    All you need to know is they will not sound as good.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Baaad idea. Maybe look for some front ported bookies.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Those speakers need to breath. I will not sound that great.

When I did the Polk tour, I showed them my TV stand I made, First thing one of the engineers ask "hope the back is open for the center to breath".
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music