Upgrade time!

madmax
madmax Posts: 12,434
edited April 2002 in Technical/Setup
Heh Heh,
It's upgrade time! Time to spend this years excess cash! Can you say "Tax Refund"!

http://www.discounts-n-deals.com/acatalog/Discounts_n_Deals_BellO_AR_880_Audio_Tower_259.html

Besides this stand I ordered Vibra-pods for the equipment that goes on it. This is proof that a silly man and his money is soon parted.
madmax
Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
Post edited by madmax on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited April 2002
  • madmax
    edited April 2002
    Now I'm blushing!
    madmax

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2002
    Anyone have any thoughts on the Lovan 4 shelf for $199 at Audioadvisor? Never used Lovan, looks decent....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited April 2002
    I think this one is an upgrade version of the one you mentioned , Russ, and I think it's a better deal too.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/productdetail.asp?sku=LOCL2BG&nlid=04122002_H
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited April 2002
    Your ****'in me...$438 for a A/V stand? Did I miss-read something?

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2002
    Yeah, It's pretty sexy and all, but I have components worth less than that.....149-199 is what I'm shooting for....

I still haven't finished my flexy, maybe I'll knock that out....

R
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • PETERNG
    edited April 2002
    No **** Ron P, I bought an A/V stand, at 50% off still $850...you pay for what you get...
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited April 2002
    Your ****'in me...$438 for a A/V stand? Did I miss-read something?

That's what I'm saying!:confused:
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • madmax
    edited April 2002
    It was $1.05 cheaper than the Lovan ;)

madmax

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited April 2002
    I saw that deal on the Lovan shortly after I finished my Flexy. If I had known how much the Flexy rack was going to cost and how much of a pain in the **** it was going to be, I would have just bought the Lovan. It definitely has high sex appeal.

Aaron
  • madmax
    edited April 2002
    I was ready to build one of the Flexy racks like Ron P's but there were several reasons I didn't.

1: I have too many building projects lined up.
    2: I have not finished any building projects I have started.
    3: I could see that by the time I veneered the shelves like I wanted and used a special threaded rod a guy recommended and the amount of time in the project it would have ended up costing ME about the same. Notice I said ME. Some people are good at building things cheaply but I'm not.
    4: I needed a very tall rack and I'm not sure the flexy would work well at 60" or so tall.
    5: Sexy alternative

Ron,
    How can you flinch over $438?
    $500 for video calibration, custom theater seating, etc. It is all worthwhile so long as you end up achieving your goal. ;)

• Aaron
    edited April 2002
    I think my Flexy ended up costing me at least $130, probably more. Factor in all the time I spent making it and $200 for that Lovan rack is a steal.

Aaron
  • vtec11
    vtec11 Posts: 82
    edited April 2002
    aaron, your flexy cost u that much ??

my flexy costed $60 that include the rack and TV stand. everything from home depot.

BTW, guess who helped out with the idea ?? that's riht, Ron-P. haha ron. thanks again man !!
  • Aaron
    edited April 2002
    Part of the reason it cost so much was because I replaced all the original metal washers and nuts with black ones. I tried to spray paint the nickel plated ones, but the paint would come off if you sneezed. Also, Home Depot was a rip off for everything except the MDF. If I had bought the neopreme washers from them, it would have cost $40!!! Also, I spent at least $30 on the finish of the rack. Anyway, check it out in the System Showcase.

Aaron
  • madmax
    edited April 2002
    Hey guys,
    I received the Bell'o rack last night. It took about 10 minutes to put together and the looks, WOW THE LOOKS! This thing looks awesome! It has a menacing look and demands attention the second you walk through the door. Kind of a No **** money dripping all over everything look. Did I say I was pleased with the looks?
    The build quality was excellent, the design is excellent, and the finish was excellent.

madmax:eek: :D:o:p:D:o :eek: :cool: :)

• RuSsMaN
    edited April 2002
    Ok, we know its expensive, but answer this... is it heavy???

I'd love to get my bello on, based on looks alone....

Cheers,
    Russ
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited April 2002
    Gezzz Max, I hope you used a sock:) I know (we all know) those feelings of joy and glee that comes from a new purchase.

Congrats, got some pics you can post?

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited April 2002
    http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/ go to acceseries and check out mr 607005a it is what i have very nice it is 60 inches high and allmost 20 inches deep solid constructon glass door with a cloth back panel it is nice but it is about 300 and it holds my onkyo 787 niceley but i had to mod it to fit my cd changer
  • madmax
    edited April 2002
    I'll post some pics once I get all the stuff together. My living room is trashed at the moment. Polks all over, amps here and there, piles of cables, you name it.
    I normally don't get too excited about new purchases unless they really do something for me. In the sound quality department I guess the difference will be minimal even with the Vibrapods but it's really cool to see everything come together in the Looks department.
    Is it heavy? Yes. (I can move it myself unloaded and if you remove the shelves you can carry it pretty easy. But they do offer casters if you want to move it around. With components and rack combination it probably weighs about 250 to 275#.
    The thing I like most is that it is about the same height as the SDA 1.2's and the angle it sits at is about "/".
    madmax

• PETERNG
    edited April 2002
    cool man, real cool...can't beat the feeling, way to go...cheers...
  • madmax
    edited April 2002
    Thanks guys for the support. I'm one of those "who cares about looks" and "I can do it myself cheaper" people normally. It's fun once in a while to just Buy something. This time I got lucky given that I got something that really fits in with my system and was well built. I'm always impressed when I find something better than I can think of or do myself at an OK price. This was one of them.
    madmax