Anyone else having issues with iOS 12 update?

Updated a few days ago, now I'm having problems with text messages on a 6s.
We have like 7 different devices connected via the CLoud, and it seems like
whoever texts last is defaulted to receive the next message? And the other peoples'
texts are no longer visible. I hope Apple releases a fix for this soon, it's really a PITA.
So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/

Comments

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Yep, this, and for whatever reason, my tablet keeps deciding I am Spanish. I have a ñ on my keyboard, and I’ve given up trying to turn it off.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,968
    polrbehr wrote: »
    Updated a few days ago, now I'm having problems with text messages on a 6s.
    We have like 7 different devices connected via the CLoud, and it seems like
    whoever texts last is defaulted to receive the next message? And the other peoples'
    texts are no longer visible. I hope Apple releases a fix for this soon, it's really a PITA.

Do you use family sharing, or is every device on the same itunes login and password? Family sharing fixed some similar problems for me, and this was before the update.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    @rooftop59 , as far as i know we use the same login and password for iTunes and the App Store as well as the Cloud. Not sure about family sharing but it almost seems like it's sharing EVERYTHING now...
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

• rooftop59
    Okay, so I have had that problem as well in the past, and family sharing seems to solve it. You keep the master login and password for yourself (if its your email), and then up to five other people in your family create separate email based logins and passwords. You (or the person with the master login) then invites them all to join your family. Once they accept, you can add them to iCloud as well (it does not do this automatically). Once that happens, you are no longer sharing the same phone numbers, text or facetime. So, you won't (can't) accidentally get someone else's text or phone call because you are on separate itunes accounts.

The best part (and the whole point) is that you can still share all the same apps and iCloud account, but not phone number and texts...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • polrbehr
    So it looks like this might be the problem, but the odd thing is that everything was separate when we were running iOS 11.x, and worked as it should.
    I will try changing the settings but need to wait until I have all the devices here before I try that... just in case I blow up the universe or something ;)

• polrbehr
    @rooftop59 you hit the nail on the head, it turns out we were sharing one iCloud account between all of our devices, and even though we had the additional 50GB of storage the CS rep was surprised our setup worked for as long as it did. iOS 12 just brought that into the open? So we created new Apple IDs for all of us, everything seems to work fine but now we only have the 5GB/device allotment of CLoud storage, so it looks like I'll upgrade to the Family Share for $2.99/month for 200GB.
    Whatever, as long as everything works again. Thanks for the info.

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    polrbehr wrote: »
    @rooftop59 you hit the nail on the head, it turns out we were sharing one iCloud account between all of our devices, and even though we had the additional 50GB of storage the CS rep was surprised our setup worked for as long as it did. iOS 12 just brought that into the open? So we created new Apple IDs for all of us, everything seems to work fine but now we only have the 5GB/device allotment of CLoud storage, so it looks like I'll upgrade to the Family Share for $2.99/month for 200GB.
    Whatever, as long as everything works again. Thanks for the info.

I'll tell my dad about this, and we will get ours fixed too.
    Thanks from me as well. :)
  • rooftop59
    Nice! Yes, that is what we do. One cup of coffee a month for 200 gigs is not bad. Ironically, my wife has been having a little trouble since we started the family share. One friend sees my name with my wife's # on her phone, but it comes up right on her macbook. So it may not be totally over!
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,550
    one word...... Android >:)

ducking back into the shadows now......
  • polrbehr
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

I was waiting to see who would chime in with that, surprised it took this long really...
    ;)

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,527
    edited October 2018
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Firstly I'm not a fan of Apple's closed eco-system model..... except for phones....

How many different Android OS's are out there? Then multiple the number of OS's by each manufactures own custom interface overlaid, add a ton of bloatware that you cant remove without jailbreaking it........Thats just how many different variants are out there in the wild....

Oh and when a security bug or a new set of features is released because of all the custom interface, you may or may not see those features for up to a year, if ever, because your phone provider has to reskin it with their bloatware and make sure all your data is flowing through their channels so they can snag all the metadata out of it...

Yeah thats android lol.......

I'm not saying Apple doesnt do a lot of the same stuff, but at least the user experience is the same across all providers, and all phones get the updates at the same time......
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,589
    edited October 2018
    hes-right-you-know-32644960.png
    And this is coming from an Android user.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    I have an Android phone and it might just as well have all Chinese characters. :s