OPPO UDP205

2»

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Analog and atmos would be the two main improvements I suppose. I don’t think the 103 does atmos? Of course only matters if you’re set up for atmos...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Actually, the 10x series does do Atmos.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    DaveHo wrote: »
    Actually, the 10x series does do Atmos.

Well then analog would be it it seems... ;)
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Sounds like I'm saving $1300. I did just upgrade to the LSIM speakers, bank account could use the break.
    Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH
    Monolith 7x200 Amplifier
    Harmony Hub
    Sony VLP-HW40ES
    Visualapex 106" Electric Screen
    Oppo BDP-103
    Music Hall MMF 2.1
    Polk LSiM 705
    Polk LSiM704c
    Polk LSiM702F/X
    SVS PB-2000
  • Would I be the only one here using blue jeans cables for this machine Not really a fan of spending big bucks on cables.
  • Or maybe someone could recommend a comparable price in a better cable.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Would I be the only one here using blue jeans cables for this machine Not really a fan of spending big bucks on cables.

I tested my 205 with Blue Jeans LC-1 interconnects and it sounded phenomenal.
  • My entire setup is done with blue jeans cables.
    Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH
    Monolith 7x200 Amplifier
    Harmony Hub
    Sony VLP-HW40ES
    Visualapex 106" Electric Screen
    Oppo BDP-103
    Music Hall MMF 2.1
    Polk LSiM 705
    Polk LSiM704c
    Polk LSiM702F/X
    SVS PB-2000
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    All BJC ICs here as well.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    F1nut wrote: »
    Or maybe someone could recommend a comparable price in a better cable.

MIT Oracle.

Now that’s funny . . .

Since I confirmed my interest with Oppo around mid-May, I was starting to get a little nervous because I’ve not heard one word (been scouring my email and spam folders looking for that elusive confirmation).

So I emailed Oppo today, and within 90 minutes, here’s their reply:

Glenn,

I'm looked up your email address and you are in a very good position. My suggestion will be to keep an eye out on your emails. I wouldn't be able to give you an ETA on when you'll receive an email to purchase the player. We have been giving a three day window to purchase the player to people that has received the email.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
    OPPO Digital, Inc.
    162 Constitution Dr.
    Menlo Park, CA 94025

Now I’m doing a happy dance!!

AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,832
    GlennDog wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    Or maybe someone could recommend a comparable price in a better cable.

MIT Oracle.

Now that’s funny . . .

Since I confirmed my interest with Oppo around mid-May, I was starting to get a little nervous because I’ve not heard one word (been scouring my email and spam folders looking for that elusive confirmation).

So I emailed Oppo today, and within 90 minutes, here’s their reply:

Glenn,

I'm looked up your email address and you are in a very good position. My suggestion will be to keep an eye out on your emails. I wouldn't be able to give you an ETA on when you'll receive an email to purchase the player. We have been giving a three day window to purchase the player to people that has received the email.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
    OPPO Digital, Inc.
    162 Constitution Dr.
    Menlo Park, CA 94025

Now I’m doing a happy dance!!

Awesome!! I finally got around to boxing up my 105, and 105D today, and put them away..

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Man... Oppo has shunned me, LOL. looks like there were three of four folks here who signed up and confirmed after me who have gotten the chance to buy. I emailed OPPO a few weeks ago, and as quick and polite as they are, I was very disappointed in their reply:

Hi Al,

The UDP-203 is done with – we won’t be getting more in stock.

As for your position on the UDP-205 list, there are just over 2,000 people ahead of you. I think it is probably unlikely that you will have the chance to order a player, since we don’t have that many. It all depends on how many people ahead of you in the queue pass on the opportunity.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
    OPPO Digital, Inc.
    162 Constitution Dr.
    Menlo Park, CA 94025
    Service@oppodigital.com

I also asked if there were any other reasons/criteria as to positioning on the list that I may have missed (i.e. why people who signed up after me were higher up on the list). Was wondering if it was a 'repeat customer' thing (which makes sense). After all, the two OPPO players I have were purchased on the forum and not direct from OPPO. Here's the reply I got.

Al,

Unfortunately we can't shed any light on this because we can only access the queue and provide customers with an idea of where they are on the queue. We are not responsible for the queue positioning, so we can't comment at all why someone who signed up later was provided an opportunity to purchase a player sooner than someone who signed up earlier.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
    OPPO Digital, Inc.
    162 Constitution Dr.
    Menlo Park, CA 94025
    Service@oppodigital.com

Curious if any of you who recently got the chance to buy (and signed up after May 8th) are/were past customers of new OPPO products.

On the bright side, there's a $1,300 purchase I won't have to hide from the wife!! :p
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Well, I passed on my chance. You're one closer now.

Already have one & no need for another disc spinner since my entire catalog is on the NAS. Thought about flipping it for a profit, but didn't want to deal with the potential of getting screwed on eBay with that kind of dough involved.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Yeah... I really don't need one either Dave. Honestly, it's better that I'm not tempted. I don't think I'd really take advantage of the audio benefits of the x05 over the x03. I was really hoping for a 203... Oh well!
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    Got my notice this weekend and ordered but may sell it.
    [
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    I asked last week and was told 800+ ahead of me, then the notice came in on Sunday.
    [
  • miner wrote: »
    I asked last week and was told 800+ ahead of me, then the notice came in on Sunday.

See @scubalab, you still have a shot.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,832
    DaveHo wrote: »
    Well, I passed on my chance. You're one closer now.

Thought about flipping it for a profit, but didn't want to deal with the potential of getting screwed on eBay with that kind of dough involved.

Same here..

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    I received an e-mail to purchase one. I bought it immediately. Thanks Larry for posting the notice to be put on the waiting list.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Mine should be here Friday!!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • If anyone makes the list and decides to pass, if you go through with the order, I'll buy it.
    Then if I get the email, I'll announce it here and get it if there is another Polkie behind me who wants to make sure they get one.