His last project was his most mature...

Although I know the majority of this forum aren't hip hop heads I am. With the recent passing of Mac Miller I wanted to post a link to his recent release Swimming.

I did buy his first album release that was not well reviewed years ago but some of it was hard to listen to due to the "Frat rap" style. His new record is very well put together and easily one of my favorite releases this year. Wanted to post here just because as a forum member that is my given right and someone has to represent a genre of music here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzAjXdBJsEc&list=PLsIPsvDxvD8EKyrhkzup9I4ZtpxKv-ugU

RIP Mac
Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
" I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
"Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
"Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
"Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member

Comments

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    I have some friends who listen to him, I've heard him once or twice, and even though it's not the genre of music I like, I can appreciate his talent.
    RIP.
  • mlistens03 wrote: »
    I have some friends who listen to him, I've heard him once or twice, and even though it's not the genre of music I like, I can appreciate his talent.
    RIP.

It's crazy thinking I was the same age as him and remembered blasting his CD when I got my first aftermarket stereo in my car. He was a workaholic from what I knew about him, always making music even if it never got released.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    I was big into hip hop from 98-03. Pretty much lost touch since then, but actually found this guy a couple years ago and listened to his stuff a fair amount. Really liked his style and vibe.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A