Odyssey eye candy

Good looking layout

- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Who's cable is in there Trey? Cardas or Furez?
    Very very nice nudies Trey
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    Klaus uses groneberg

Hats off to Klaus, he uses good stuff throughout... Except for his tubes, they suck.

Dropped in some mullard, instantly quieter background... I'm sure the sound will be much improved
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    I'm a huge Odyssey fan, but he definitely knows his customer tube roll. The stock tubes can be found at Walmart maybe
  • VR3
    It's amazing how much better the mullard tubes sound
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    VR3 wrote: »
    Klaus uses groneberg
    I was looking at the color and guessing tbh

Sweet stuff

• VR3
    Groneberg isn't too common, Klaus is the US distributor... I have never tried them outside of the Odyssey products but I'm sure they sound awesome 😊
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    @VR3, which product is that? Their website shows an integrated amp with only one input. Klaus is great to work with.
  • VR3
    edited September 2018
    http://odysseyaudio.com/products-kismet-hybrid-int-amp.html

Just want to mention that this unit looks far superior in person. The website picture is terrible.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    Thanks. I didn’t see the Kismet submenu. The picture is not good.
  • I wonder how high the flames will shoot from that model? Isn't that a common occurrence with Odyssey for you Trey?
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • VR3
    Lol...

I did have a Stratos Amp go up in smoke... But overall Odyssey is rock solid with a 20 year warranty
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited September 2018
    I've had two Stratos amps in my system over the years and loved them both! I prefer their second amp case with their sealed case and front to back heatsink to the earliest and latest versions myself. I'd buy another one if a good deal came my way. Klaus has never done a good job of internet marketing for his designs, but his amps run cooler than any other A/B design I've ever had, even when driven hard!
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • VR3
    I do prefer the Stratos case more, especially the way he uses the side of the chassis as the heat sink. The normal monoblocks in the new chassis uses the sides as a heat sink as well... But the integrated as you can see doesn't. The smaller heat sinks inside the chassis do put out some heat since they are smaller...

I honestly am not sure there is a better value than his products. I had alot of issues with Klaus back in the day and not delivering products as promised... But that's a dead horse under a tall bridge
  • VR3
    Here's the new chassis as a mono blocknj8ak4nsfnzj.jpeg
  • VR3
    Khartago chassis
    7vssmlm8b9wv.jpg

Stratos chassis
    9e7lenarv6fn.jpg

• I need to stop by his shop (assuming he has one), since he's local to me in Indy...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • VR3
    edited September 2018
    I am sure he would show you around and demo. But I believe he runs it out of his /garage
  • VR3 wrote: »
    I am sure he would show you around and demo. But I believe he runs it out of his /garage

Thats my kind of shop! Best kinds of audio shops are the hole in the wall ones!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • VR3
    Yep, I'll take products built out of a garage versus a big hq with alot of marketing costs built into their products
  • VR3 wrote: »
    Yep, I'll take products built out of a garage versus a big hq with alot of marketing costs built into their products

IndyAudioLab's is another company I'd love to visit..... they now own Aragon and Acurus... former engineers for Klipsch (also headquartered here)
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453

Just like bars...
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    kharp1 wrote: »

Just like bars...

Amen to that !!
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited September 2018
    Where everyone knows your name! B)

CHEERS. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Nice integrated! Klaus makes some nice sounding amps and speakers.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    I had my stratos stereo upgraded several years ago to near Kismet: 120k uf of reference caps per channel, stacked reference grade toroidal trannies and some other stuff I can’t think of right now. The sound is so clean, fantastic imaging, very liquid yet detailed.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • VR3
    I recall hearing minimal difference between the Kismet and Stratos extreme monoblocks.as I recall, the primary build difference was the black boards, which were thicker and double traced. The power supply caps were also symphonic line, which was a nice upgrade.

I have been very very happy with the integrated, Klaus makes great sounding gear. I'm with you all the way!