SF Cremona - at a glance...

polkatese
polkatese Posts: 6,767
edited September 2005 in 2 Channel Audio
Equipment:
Philips SACD-1000 APL HI-FI modded with Tube output stage
B&K Reference 50 S2 - Direct mode - EQ: Flat, Volume level: -29 (plenty loud)
B&K AV125.7 - 185 W @ 4 ohms
Signal Cable classic
Signal Cable Analog 2

Material:
Acoustic Alchemy - Radio Contact
#6: Little Laughter
#12: Ya Tebya Lubliu

Instead of trying to inundated my review of its performance with superlative statements, I would, instead focus on its musical presentation. The one attribute that I am very impressed of: a very balanced presentation of detailed acoustic of vocal artistry and instruments that touches my soul. I stop paying attention to tonal characteristics (i.e. speaker), but more to the emotional quality and energy conveyed by the musicians. I picked these two songs because of the nuances of the lyrical, ballads, and superb female vocalist on Litte Laughter (Jo Harrop). The feeling of "being there", along with the *unintended* mute coverage of MSNBC on Katrina disaster, overwhelmed my soul. I have to say, this is the first speaker that I ever owned, that I can say, there is nothing I need to add or substract from its sound. It's just there! presentation of music as it's intended to be, it's taking me to an emotional journey that I wasn't even in that state of mind, amazing subtle influence when I think about it.

The sound journey continues, but it had made me stop and compelled me to share it with you, on a Friday afternoon..
I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
Post edited by polkatese on

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    edited September 2005
    Glad you like the Cremonas. I had my fling with the Sonus Faber Concerto and Concertino Home speakers and they had their greatness in certain areas. I'm sure the Cremona builds upon that and is an awesome speaker to witness sonic reproduction from.

More pics (aside from your first pics) are very welcome! =)
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • polkatese
    edited September 2005
    Thanks Joey, I have a couple more pics on my showcase...:)
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • polkatese
    14 years later and still happy with my Cremonas and AC little laughter. Time flies, how's all peeps?
  • Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,000
    edited September 2018
    Hey there Cremona bro. I love mine too. Been with me five years. Welcome back.
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|Sonus Faber Cremona Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Which Cremona's do you boys have ? Few different iterations in that series.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I would like to hear "Ramona" on some Cremonas.

"Ramona" - Gene Austin (1928)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGBRfnhuwWM
  • How about a little "My Sharona" on the old Cremonas?

qzesncbzst9z.jpg

This is the model I have. Cremona towers (not Cremona M):
    25fg2dtqlw6v.jpg
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|Sonus Faber Cremona Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Sweet, lookers too.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables