Wiring

I have a set of RTi10 speakers which have 2 sets of speaker connections. I am hooking them up with a sub woofer. If I use the upper connectors it sounds like an old transistor radio and if I use the lower, I lose all of my high end. I recall when I first bought them years ago there was some form of copper connector between the upper and lower connections. Do I need to find a new set of these in order for the speakers to work correctly or am I perhaps doing something else wrong? I know this seems a pretty basic question but appreciate any help.

Thanks

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    You need a jumper between each top and bottom set of binding posts. Use high quality speaker cable with high quality terminals.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Here's an example pulled off the Net.

avjzhnfvc8l4.jpg
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    If you don’t have access to high quality wires, any wire will work, but a better quality cable will certainly be better.
  • Thank you very much, I kind of suspected I needed to somehow bridge them.