The 704c deserves some respect, I think

Glashub
Glashub Posts: 43
edited September 2018 in Speakers
I've never heard the 706c. I've bought 2 over the past couple of years -- both arrived damaged -- most recently yesterday. I hooked up the 704c I had in the closet. I am very impressed. It's a wonderful speaker. It plays much bigger than I would've ever thought possible for such a little box. It fills my room. Perfect match for my 705's. Granted the 706c is sexier looking but if you live in an apartment -- I think the 704c is a great solution that many of us pass over. It's a speaker that makes sense for many -- and again -- it is excellent to my ears. Below is a picture of the center channel I moved over from. Can you guess the manufacturer? Hint: They were the hot speaker company for a while -- and this center was considered the best around at the time.

p8on6wzxkxif.jpg
Post edited by Glashub on

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Monitor? Or Axiom?
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    How does it (the 704c) compare to the LsiC? I think I'd like a 706c but I have to stick it on a stand like the center in the above picture - won't pass WAF. I barely got her to accept my method of cantilevering the LsiC out in front of the entertainment center (or whatever the furniture is called). So, I think I'm kind of stuck with smaller centers for now.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    A 123 rocket
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    edited September 2018
    Av123 Onix Bigfoot.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • rooftop59 wrote: »
    Av123 Onix Bigfoot.

Boom! You're good. Exactly right!
  • VR3 wrote: »
    A 123 rocket

Excellent. You guys know your stuff.
  • VR3 wrote: »
    A 123 rocket

Spot on. I'm impressed.
  • pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Monitor? Or Axiom?

You're in the right era. It's the Onix Rocket "Big Foot."
  • Glashub
    Glashub Posts: 43
    edited September 2018
    Airplay355 wrote: »
    How does it (the 704c) compare to the LsiC? I think I'd like a 706c but I have to stick it on a stand like the center in the above picture - won't pass WAF. I barely got her to accept my method of cantilevering the LsiC out in front of the entertainment center (or whatever the furniture is called). So, I think I'm kind of stuck with smaller centers for now.

I liked the LsiC. It was a really good speaker. The 704c is superior I think. Much more so. I can tell you the 704 is better than the fabled "Big Foot". And half the size. Now about the size thing. It looks puny next to the other LsiM speakers. And more thing -- they put the logo at the top of the speaker grill. Probably would look better at the bottom.
    Post edited by Glashub on
  • Oh, and you might always wonder if you should've gotten the 706c, Just being honest.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited September 2018
    Well I haven’t heard the 706c but I don’t feel like I am missing much with the 704c. My HT is crossed over at 80hz anyway.

And the 704c uses the same drivers as the 705s minus the subs of course.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Well I haven’t heard the 706c but I don’t feel like I am missing much with the 704c. My HT is crossed over at 80hz anyway.

And the 704c uses the same drivers as the 705s minus the subs of course.

Just watched Logan with the 704c and 705 and 2 Velodyne DD15's. Wow. Seamless. 'm not sure if it's the subs oe what -- but I never felt like the center was lacking. It plays so big.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    Wow 2 DD15's lucky man. The DD series are one of my all time favorite subwoofers.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    The 704 was a great deal @$220. I am still going to wait for a deal on the 706 to replace my RTi6 in my HT. I am sure it is a great speaker for its size. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • mantis wrote: »
    Wow 2 DD15's lucky man. The DD series are one of my all time favorite subwoofers.

Thanks. They're DD 15 Pluses actually. I've had them 6 years. Day in, day out, no issues. I always buy Velodyne. I know about HSU, SVS, all of them really. Great subs. But I just have great luck with Velodyne since I bought my first years ago before there was a HSU, etc.