With much regret... Polk LSi25s, Ebony finish - Sold

mlistens03
mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
edited January 2019 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
For sale is my beloved pair of Polk LSi25s. They are in fair physical condition, with scratches on the top, but the gloss black veneer is almost flawless on the sides, front, and back. The wood side panels are scratched and nicked in places although not noticeable unless up close, and in one area the wood veneer began to peel, although I successfully used wood glue to glue it all back down, and it is not hard to notice from more than a foot away. all the drivers are flawless, the crossovers are perfect, and one of the subwoofer amplifiers works perfectly. the other blows its fuse in a matter of seconds. I was never able to figure out what was wrong with it, but if I find something, I will repair it.
I'd give them a 6/10 physical condition, 8.5/10 functional because of the failed subwoofer amplifier.
With much sadness, $400 firm, as I will need to get that money out of these. local pickup only.
I will post pics later, and I will do some form of a "family photo" like CH46E did with all of my gear.
Micah
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Location?

Several close up pics even with just your iPad will be very helpful. GLWS!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mlistens03
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Location?

Several close up pics even with just your iPad will be very helpful. GLWS!

Oh yes! 45ish minutes out of Orlando.
    I am about to take pics, and later I will have nicer pics from my mom's Canon EOS 5D MK II, but her camera took them as a raw file so she needs to help me edit them on her mac. I could probably figure out how to edit them if she didn't have a Mac :wink:
  • mlistens03
    For some reason my tablet is unwilling to take pictures right now, and I don’t have another device I can use, so I will come back later once I’ve got it all figured out.
  • mlistens03
    yutlk0zdeomc.jpeg
    wdzr08dt782b.jpeg
    4e5owwlq4ryv.jpeg
    e58n016x5gar.jpeg
    7m1369e5a48m.jpeg
    4c5sl0mrclk0.jpeg
    nnagpdnklcaw.jpeg
    tob3flc4n1us.jpeg
    6h4x69yz3rrg.jpeg
    gesskvsj875c.jpeg
    afbu2nha78yh.jpeg
    l80zebwroe8u.jpeg
    7abam0v7bcnc.jpeg
    be2cdgqm73az.jpeg
    wt81rrpapgbs.jpeg
    nuxms6t32o6i.jpeg
    lp076mgjnvc9.jpeg
    8yg1q24cud2h.jpeg
    wbc8p1f53gtb.jpeg
    q29ehl2hhmxj.jpeg
    fk5s8srb0u1o.jpeg

Sorry that it took so long to get the pics taken, but I had to get them from behind the Missions, which meant I had to move everything else so it wouldn’t be easier.
    Micah
  • mlistens03
    These are officially posted in Craigslist.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Good luck! I've had mine for sale forever. Yours are prettier, though. :)
  • mlistens03
    daboyz wrote: »
    Good luck! I've had mine for sale forever. Yours are prettier, though. :)

thanks!
    How are mine prettier? You have the cherry finish, right?
    I don't think they will sell here any faster than yours, but I thought that I should post it for you guys here in case any of y'all want 'em. :)
  • daboyz
    Nope. Ebony. They've got a few more cosmetic issues.
  • mlistens03
    daboyz wrote: »
    Nope. Ebony. They've got a few more cosmetic issues.

Oh. If it makes you feel any better, the veneer was hanging off of the side panels when I got them, and only my "skills" (lol really just a bottle of wood glue and a toothpick) saved it, to the point of being unable to actually see the damage until you are about 1-2 feet away. In other words, They looked no where near as nice as yours when I got them!
  • daboyz
    Hopefully there's someone down there who appreciates them. Great speaks.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    edited June 2018
    Id love to have them but like you im trying to thin the heard and raise money for the another project.

Besides, i try not to leave Merritt Island. I hate driving to Orlando! ;)
  • mlistens03
    CH46E wrote: »
    Id love to have them but like you im trying to thin the heard and raise money for the another project.

Besides, i try not to leave Merritt Island. I hate driving to Orlando! ;)

Orlando traffic stinks. At least, it stinks until you’ve been to Jacksonville! :# Then again though, I don’t actually live in Orlando.
    Are you sure that you want to thin the herd? One more cant hurt, right? :tongue:
  • mlistens03
    REDUCED PRICE $385 OBO.
    We can drive one hour from our location to meet you, if that will help anyone.
    Micah
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    Cheaper than I paid for lsi15 and I was the one who had to drive to pick them up. Crazy good deals here
  • mlistens03
    Ok, so I broke them out and listened to them again, and it is safe to say, I’ve fallen in love with them again. So these are no longer available. Sorry to anyone who was interested.
  • Congrats on getting the crown fixed, awesome speakers bro!
    2 Channel:
    Jbl Lx44
    Optonica Sa 5105
    Blue Jean 12 gauge cable
    Audioquest evergreen 3.5mm to rca cable
    Technics Sl BD22 TT
    Randomness:
    Klh model 26's
    Peavey Pr15's
    Gls cables for peaveys
    Numark DM1175 Preamp mixer
    Random cables
    Bic f12
    Svs soundpath subwoofer cable
    Lafayette Lr-200a amplifier
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Ok, so I broke them out and listened to them again, and it is safe to say, I’ve fallen in love with them again. So these are no longer available. Sorry to anyone who was interested.
    That’s the disease we all have. Leave any audio equipment in storage and all of a sudden you will have multiple setups rear their heads down the road.
    Congrats. I fell in love with those speakers (never owned them) back in early 2k
  • mlistens03
    As much as I hate to say it, these are available again. After fixing the SDA's, I've realized that since I have them running now, if these stay here they'll forever be destined to live in the closet.
    $380 OBO. These will be relisted on CraigsList tomorrow as well.
    My offer to drive one hour still holds as well. Still no shipping.
  • CH46E
    Trade again???? :D

My RTA11T and the Crescendos for them???
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Hold out for cash Micah! What good are more speakers gonna do ya in that tinny room???
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mlistens03
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Hold out for cash Micah! What good are more speakers gonna do ya in that tinny room???

I basically said “give me til tomorrow to think about it.” :D
    @CH46E, I’m thinking no. As much as I want the RTA’s, I don’t have space, and I’m already happy with what I’ve got speakerwise.

I also think this is a good time to mention that I am open to trades, preferably for electronics. :)
  • CH46E
    I hear ya man, it was more of a joke, but if you decide you do let me know. Like you (your parents) my wife would like to see fewer speakers!
  • mlistens03
    CH46E wrote: »
    I hear ya man, it was more of a joke, but if you decide you do let me know. Like you (your parents) my wife would like to see fewer speakers!

As much as I like my “collection,” I don’t have a lot of space in my closet for storing anything other than one pair of speakers. So while this may be sacrilege, I am the driving force behind getting rid of these. In fact, my dad tried to convince me I didn’t want to! :D
    I should have gotten that it was a joke from the :lol: face. :)
  • mlistens03
    Somebody got a power amp? Turntable? Cables? Those are the main things I’m looking for right now... oh and money of course. Someone shoot me an offer. Russ, $47.16 is not enough. :)
    Bump.
  • mlistens03
    $350 for black Friday. Yes it is almost not friday anymore, it can go till the end of tomorrow. so, black Saturday? ;)
  • mlistens03
    These are sold locally!
  • mlistens03
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Congrats sir

Thanks. :)