WTH?? PS4 Pro won't go through the receiver??

So I just picked up a PS4 Pro, and it will not go through the receiver (SC LX801) and it should, it says it cannot go through my TV main HDMI, what gives? I can hook it directly to the TV and it works fine, but part of the reason for getting the player is to play the games through the System..

I am not understanding this at all, it is 2018 is it not?? LOL!!!

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Go into the tv and then feed the audio from the optical out to the rig, easy peasy. That's how I run my 4k player.
  • ^^my thoughts
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • You’re gonna need 4K HDR pass through or adjust the ps4 setting to 1080.

I bought the ps4 pro for my son for his birthday had to adjust it to 1080, cause his tv isn’t 4K.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,832
    edited September 2018
    The 801 is HDR capable, nonetheless using the optical out worked.. B) thanks FYB..

I honestly don’t remember how long ago it’s been since I used a optical cable, at least ten years I bet..
  • Alright then. Enjoy