Adorama has LSiM 705 with 704 for a grand again

Dabutcher
Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
Study long ,study wrong. Get them before they are extinct like the 707’s? Love mine. Peace D97msing5x3b8.png
MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”

Comments

• Glashub
    Glashub Posts: 43
    edited August 2018
    Yes! Snagged it. Thank you.
  • All the LSIM series are listed as closeout on the Adorama site?
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    Is that shady or are they a authorized polk dealer?
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • ^^authorized
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • They are a reputable Polk dealer. Despite my current issue with them and their customer service, they are typically great to do business with. Can’t get these deals elsewhere.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Glashub
    I have dealt with Adorama and B&H -- they are for real. Most Brooklyn, New Jersey companies beware. So my question is this: is the 704c good enough for the 705's? Could someone help me out with this question?
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Glashub wrote: »
    I have dealt with Adorama and B&H -- they are for real. Most Brooklyn, New Jersey companies beware. So my question is this: is the 704c good enough for the 705's? Could someone help me out with this question?

The 704 is a great center speaker which is plenty god for the 705’s. Most people prefer the 706c because it is a better speaker, but if you don’t have room, or with this sale, I’d go with the 704c.
  • Glashub
    mlistens03 wrote: »

The 704 is a great center speaker which is plenty god for the 705’s. Most people prefer the 706c because it is a better speaker, but if you don’t have room, or with this sale, I’d go with the 704c.

Thank you. At this price I may just upgrade to the 706c. I think I bought the last set. I got a brainstorm about going with 4 LsiM 705's and a center. Went back to buy another bundle -- all gone. Off to eBay for me for 703's.
  • Congrats and enjoy!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Glashub
    Congrats and enjoy!

Hey Jeremy. Aren't you over at AVS as well? I've been there since 2002. Man I'm getting old. I use the name alias there. Sorry for your troubles. It'll all work out. Can you dispute the charge if all else fails?
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Already gone...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Glashub wrote: »
    Congrats and enjoy!

Hey Jeremy. Aren't you over at AVS as well? I've been there since 2002. Man I'm getting old. I use the name alias there. Sorry for your troubles. It'll all work out. Can you dispute the charge if all else fails?

I may have joined AVS a while ago, years, but I am not active and rarely lurk.
  • Glashub
    I don't hang around there because then I start wanting to buy stuff.
  • Apprehensively I ordered the Midnight Mahogany 704c and f/x 702s to pair with my 705s. Hopefully all will go as planned this time and I’ll have the LSiM set replacing the RTi’s In the HT.
  • ab0tj
    ab0tj Posts: 40

That's my problem with coming here!
    Marantz SR6012, Parasound HCA-2200II, LSiM705 L/R, S35 center (yeah, I know...), 2x PSW505
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    edited August 2018
    ab0tj wrote: »

That's my problem with coming here!

We sure are enablers, aren't we? :lol:
  • Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    Swapped out some RTiA7s I had as fronts for some LSiM705s... that was a good choice. Much more musical and better sounding.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • So I replaced the RTI HT speakers with the LSiMs last night, still using the Yamaha 1010 for now. Ran the calibration and tweaked the settings to small and 80hz. Watched “IT” after and I was really pleased with the sound. What a difference the f/x surrounds make.

Finally I’m a happy camper.