Gentlemen, I need your help sourcing something...

treitz3
treitz3 Posts: 18,230
edited August 2018 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Furniture-Adjustable-Leveling-Insert/dp/B01N33BG3H/ref=sr_1_135?ie=UTF8&qid=1534607455&sr=8-135&keywords=3/4"+threaded+insert

Hello and good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. You too Russ (not sure how to classify you).

I have an Elite metal stand that I am upgrading. What I am trying to do is find a 3/4" insert for the footers, threaded for the addition of spikes. The above link is what I am looking for but not for a square tube. What I currently have is on the link below (albeit a 3/4" insert);

https://www.amazon.com/10-Pack-Plastic-Tubing-Durable/dp/B01NCICBY0/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1535026937&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=3/4"+Plastic+Black+round+Type+Threaded+Tube+End

I was able to find this webpage that has what I am looking for but (unless I missed it), the threaded insert is not available in 3/4". Only different sizes.

EN-448-Plastic-Threaded-Tube-Ends-Round-Type-with-Molded-In-Insert.jpg

EN-448-Plastic-Threaded-Tube-Ends-Round-Type-with-Molded-In-Insert-sketch.svg

What you see above (first picture) is what I am looking for. Need it to be 1/4" threading for common sized spikes and the insert needs to go into a 3/4" ID tube opening. It will go into the tube and instead of a footer, I will be installing a spike. I found this one the following website;

https://www.jwwinco.com/en-us/products/3.4-Installing-lifting-dampening-with-levelling-feet-lifting-gear-and-rubber-elements/EN-448-Plastic-Threaded-Tube-Ends-Round-Type-with-Molded-In-Insert

I will need four of these total and am having no luck sourcing them. Maybe I am using the wrong keywords or something. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Use door shims....bonehead....
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    Need to widdle it out of beach wood
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    I like your style, Trey
  • VR3
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    I doubt your shelf/rack/gizmo has NPT threads (I realize that's semi-redundant, but you get the idea).
  • treitz3
    Trey, it's not threaded going into the tube. The end product will look very close to this

I just need this piece to be able to fit into a 3/4" ID opening on the tube bottoms. The only threaded part would be to add in spikes.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    Hmmm then wouldn't any type hurricane nut type fitting work? I'm not quite following

What are you trying to accomplish
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    edited August 2018
    I believe what you want is what's known as a caster socket.
    I haven't yet found one that meets your specs.

(edit)

Maybe something from here?
    http://www.essentracomponents.com/en-ca/caps-plugs-masking/push-fit-plugs/tube-inserts-glides/round-inserts-glides/round-inserts-glides-threaded
  • treitz3
    edited August 2018
    Hey Trey. Turn the photo above upside down and screw in a spike within the inner thread. Then insert the item in the photo with the spike into a tube that has a 3/4" ID opening. Do this times four (stand has 4 feet).

The tubes have no threading, the insert just slides in.

Thanks Tony, I'll take a look using that key word. Much appreciated.

Tom
  • VR3
    Can you send me a drawing?

I can have my fabricator make it..... He can even make it have a spike
  • treitz3
    Trey, it's not threaded going into the tube. The end product will look very close to this

I just need this piece to be able to fit into a 3/4" ID opening on the tube bottoms. The only threaded part would be to add in spikes.

Tom
  • VR3
    So you need a 3/4 inch plug with a 1/4 tap for your spikes...my dude can make that...
  • treitz3
    Can he do the spikes in Stainless Steel to match the other ones I have?

Your route may be my only option. I can't seem to find these anywhere (not the spikes, the inserts)...

Tom
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Make sure it's not metric
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • VR3
    He deals in stainless, can ask
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    tonyp063 wrote: »
    I believe what you want is what's known as a caster socket.
    I haven't yet found one that meets your specs.

(edit)

Maybe something from here?
    http://www.essentracomponents.com/en-ca/caps-plugs-masking/push-fit-plugs/tube-inserts-glides/round-inserts-glides/round-inserts-glides-threaded

" THIS IS THE PLACE " :) ^^^^^^ These are the inserts. ;)B)

Great job tonyp063! B)

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    Essentra is a great place. They will even send a few samples out no charge to test out. I have used them numerous times to complete satisfaction.
  • treitz3
    There is only one issue. It looks like they come in a pack of 4,000 at $2 each. I only need 4.

Tom
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    treitz3 wrote: »
    There is only one issue. It looks like they come in a pack of 4,000 at $2 each. I only need 4.

Tom

It says you can order any quantity and they have a price per piece listing...
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    Measure the OD of the tube & the wall thickness. That's how they spec the inserts.
    I'll bet you need this one.
    http://www.essentracomponents.com/en-us/caps-plugs/push-fit-plugs/tube-inserts-glides/round-inserts-glides/round-inserts-glides-threaded/rdm0200a

Time to request a free sample
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638

Tom

Group buy? LoL...
  • treitz3
    I'll have to contact them on Monday. It looks like they have what I need and FYB states that they sell any quantity. We shall see.

Tom
  • VR3
    There's a song in there somewhere

You got what I need...........
  • treitz3
    I will still need 4 SS spikes for this project. I am painting the stand this weekend.

Tom
  • VR3
    What color did you use since black paint couldn't be found?
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    VR3 wrote: »
    What color did you use since black paint couldn't be found?

Dark, dark, dark, grey. That’s all you can get anymore. No true black.
  • treitz3
    LOL. Oil Rubbed Bronze. It is currently a grey steel color. I will be painting the Target stands for the subs this color as well.

Tom
  • treitz3
    21753311_1134859439979619_4528131966569633915_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=d733bdb1db5ecc1998213a796757d09d&oe=5C01AC50

Here is a photo of the stands. I do not want them to be black. As you can see, the Empire rack does not have spikes and what you see currently under the tubes at the bottom is a stack of quarters to level out the top shelf that the LP player sits on. It's level with no equipment but when you add in the weight (a boatload of it) to the rack, it bends slightly forward.

I want to isolate the rack from vibrations and have it to where I adjust the top shelf from the spikes at the bottom. In this photo, the Target sub stands are upside down but I also want to get 8 more SS spikes for them as well. That way, everything is spiked, matches and is adjustable for leveling/flooring abnormalities.

Tom
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    21753311_1134859439979619_4528131966569633915_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=d733bdb1db5ecc1998213a796757d09d&oe=5C01AC50

Here is a photo of the stands. I do not want them to be black. As you can see, the Empire rack does not have spikes and what you see currently under the tubes at the bottom is a stack of quarters to level out the top shelf that the LP player sits on. It's level with no equipment but when you add in the weight (a boatload of it) to the rack, it bends slightly forward.

I want to isolate the rack from vibrations and have it to where I adjust the top shelf from the spikes at the bottom. In this photo, the Target sub stands are upside down but I also want to get 8 more SS spikes for them as well. That way, everything is spiked, matches and is adjustable for leveling/flooring abnormalities.

Tom

That is pretty! :)
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Beautiful
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5