Purchasing FLAC Online

I need some help tracking down a song in FLAC. I'm looking for Chris Stapleton's What Are You Listening To? I posted a live version of the song in Larry's Chris Stapleton thread. I actually like the live version better, but am looking for the "album version". From what I understand, this was his debut single as a solo artist in 2013. But for whatever reason, that album never came to be. It was never put on a CD. It is just available as a download, but I can only find it as a mp3. But I'm not into purchasing and downloading music, so I'm sure there are a lot of places I'm not looking.

Thanks!

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Can't find it anywhere. You might have to track down a copy of this disc and rip it yourself.

https://www.discogs.com/Chris-Stapleton-Chris-Stapleton/release/12365042
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    That's the problem, the album was never completed or released, so it was never put on an actual disc. I can't remember exactly, but I think it had something to do with the record company deciding to dump the project. Don't take that as fact, I just remember reading something like that.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    I guess I could have clicked on your link before replying. I've never seen that in CD form before.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    It's a promo copy meant to be distributed to radio stations, etc. Many times these show up on Ebay or record collectors sites that sell rare items and memorabilia. If you want an actual copy of the promo cd you'll have to check those websites or Ebay

H9

"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    The song was recorded under the Mercury Nashville label which Chris Stapleton is still with. Could be he may want to record the song again or release it in future years on a compilation CD. There is a reason the over produced studio version flopped though, so he may not want to revisit it in that form. The live versions blow that one away.

Some artists will also put tracks on the websites for download in MP3 format, but that doesn't seem to be the case yet with his. The label would probably just say go buy the MP3 version if they were asked. He apparently wrote the song with Lee Thomas Miller, so there may be some rights issues involved too.
  • Great song! It’s on Spotify; I know that’s not helpful. Just sayin.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant