Looking to purchase quality, affordable interconnects

Hi there,

Looking to upgrade the interconnects in my home theater setup, particularly from my Outlaw 5 channel amp to my Denon AVR. Also on the lookout for terminated speaker wire for my 7.1 setup. I am running an all Polk setup (RTi A9s, CSi A6, FXi A6's & A4's).
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Panasonic 60" plasma, Denon AVR-3313CI, Outlaw 5000, Polk Rti A9's, CSi A6, FXi A4's & A6's

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    The sky is the limit, so what is your budget?
  • KPGM
    KPGM Posts: 8
    To replace all my interconnects and speaker wire, maybe $500 Canadian, so about $75 USD!
    I know very little about this subject so any help would be appreciated.
    Panasonic 60" plasma, Denon AVR-3313CI, Outlaw 5000, Polk Rti A9's, CSi A6, FXi A4's & A6's
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Yes, telling us your budget would be a good start.

I like Audioquest, good cables that last.

You can look on CL for deals in your area, garage sales are good too.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Audioquest would be a great application for what you are looking for. Buy used to keep the price down.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    ^Exactly
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited August 2018
    Clipdat wrote: »
    The sky is the limit, so what is your budget?

How can the sky be the limit, with a title that mentions quality and affordable? I second Signal Cable Frank's a good dude and you get a discount if you mention your a Polk forum member. I'm running Signal gear on one of my setups that's somewhat similar to yours.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Clipdat
    Because everyone has a different definition of what is "affordable" to them.
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    How can the sky be the limit, with a title that mentions quality and affordable?

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Because everyone has a different definition of what is "affordable" to them.
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    How can the sky be the limit, with a title that mentions quality and affordable?

But then there is no budget if the Sky Is The Limit or is there?
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Clipdat
    edited August 2018
    I meant that there's a huge range of prices when it comes to interconnects - the sky IS the limit. So I was asking for budget because his "affordable" might be these: https://www.thecableco.com/cables/interconnects/magnum-2-5-rca.html

Just didn't want to assume his budget, that's all.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Go to Zu cables on Ebay. You bid on cables direct from the factory. You can score some awesome deals.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • KPGM
    Great suggestions guys, thanks! Now just need to decide what I can afford...
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited August 2018
    Go to Zu cables on Ebay. You bid on cables direct from the factory. You can score some awesome deals.

I'll second this above. I've been watching them and they have been really reasonable at about 40.00 or less.
    Some of us also make our own interconnects

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited August 2018
    KPGM wrote: »

While your thinking about that, may I propose a question.

If you don't consider your speakers "entry level", why would you be looking at entry level cables ? Just sayin'...

The A9's to me anyway, are not entry level and deserve a better quality, slightly warmer cable. Unless this is strictly for HT use, then it wouldn't matter all that much. Some good suggestions in the above posts though for entry level cables or budget friendly. Consider used, higher quality cables also which can be had on the cheap. Cables lose value fairly quickly and sometimes the price of new budget cables comes close to used higher quality cables. Just my .02

I should add, that if this system is also going to be used for music, the speaker cables going to the front left and right, and the interconnects to the amp for the front left and right too, should be of better quality than the rest of the speakers that will mostly be used for HT duty.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    tonyb wrote: »
    [...
    If you don't consider your speakers "entry level", why would you be looking at entry level cables ? Just sayin'...

I guess it's too bad that they don't have Garanimals components and cables. Then Philistines like me could just match the tags to ensure proper synergy.

I am not being quite as facetious as it may seem, either. :|

• KPGM
    tonyb wrote: »
    KPGM wrote: »

While your thinking about that, may I propose a question.

The A9's to me anyway, are not entry level and deserve a better quality, slightly warmer cable. Unless this is strictly for HT use, then it wouldn't matter all that much. Some good suggestions in the above posts though for entry level cables or budget friendly. Consider used, higher quality cables also which can be had on the cheap. Cables lose value fairly quickly and sometimes the price of new budget cables comes close to used higher quality cables. Just my .02

I should add, that if this system is also going to be used for music, the speaker cables going to the front left and right, and the interconnects to the amp for the front left and right too, should be of better quality than the rest of the speakers that will mostly be used for HT duty.

What would recommend as a slightly warmer cable? I’ve been looking at Blue Jeans interconnects and speaker cable. Would that be a wise choice?