jim0101

Options
I'm considering buying a Parasound 2250v2 amp, which is rated at 275 watts per channel. My Polk RTi7's are rated for something like 50-300 watts, is the Parasound to close to the max to damage my RTi 7's?

Best Answers

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It is actually far worse to have too little than too much. The amp will be fine.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You could run a 100 watt set of speakers with a 10,000 watt amplifier with no problems. It’s not the power rating of the amplifier that damages speakers, it’s the person controlling the volume. And more often than not, when speakers blow its because people over-taxed the amplifier they were connected to, rather than giving the speakers too much.

Answers