Guilty pleasure

So when I am feeling like reference level listening, I can’t resist playing Celine - The Power of Love
Anyone else care to share any guilty pleasure listening? Or feel free to revoke my man card at will.

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited August 2018
    Celine Dion singing "O' Holy Night". When the orchestra kicks in, the floor rumbles! :p:DB)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Love can move mountains is killer on the SDA’s, I have seen her in Vegas many years ago, she was incredible, probably the best venue I have ever been in..
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    You can post your pleasure here...FYI you sound like a girl as you typed that :p

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/2430531#Comment_2430531

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Sorry if I am breaking the rules on the thread starting. Just starting discussions as they come up. My bad
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Sorry if I am breaking the rules on the thread starting. Just starting discussions as they come up. My bad

Lol, I don't think your punishment will be too harsh. Twenty pushups ought to cover it. Honor system. Besides, there's got to be some distinction between a guilty pleasure and downright embarrassing. I know a guy who liked to crank Sailing by Christopher Cross on his SDAs. He doesn't post here anymore, but I still won't out him... :p
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I think "Stranglehold" has been played the loudest on my SDA-SRS2's.

I had some DJ/Band speakers that I played louder maybe, but not with the stranglehold song.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    I’m making up for it by blasting Stranglehold now

No problem there. Unless you're not talking Uncle Ted.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I love the opening two tracks of The Beatles “Love” soundtrack from the Vegas show... I turn it up to a level just below hearing the drivers pop, turn off the lights and close my eyes.

If the Beatles ever performed live again, I can only imagine their show may have opened like this, and those big SDA’s make it feel like I got front row seats.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I’m making up for it by blasting Stranglehold now

Is that while you are still thinking of Celine?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    "If I wasn't Leslie Horwinkle, I wouldn't be here, now would I?" :p