Pass Labs INT-250

2»

Comments

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Also for $12k, is a built in phono stage too much to ask for?

....Apparently yes

If you can afford 12k for this, you can spare another 10k for the matching phono stage...

if you can do those just get this plus the $6k dac board.
    http://www.gryphon-audio.dk/products/integrated-amplifiers/diablo-300.aspx
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    And if you can do all that, send me one too..
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    F1nut wrote: »
    RCA jacks installed by me, all nice and uniform.

re8i325y5l66.jpg

You got something against red RCA jacks ? these all left handed ? must be mono...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    You didn't look close enough Ivan. Maybe this will help....

kw1735apfhdw.jpg
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Straighten those screws you hack!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    The pic is crooked
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Wrong color of black, too.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    lightman1 wrote: »

That's just crazy talk....
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    lightman1 wrote: »

Not much that can be done about that, as we all, sadly, know.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,967
    Must have bought that at the wrong place
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    VR3 wrote: »
    My dad had a pair of mono blocks a few years ago that he had purchased used.

One of the mono blocks stopped working, after sending the unit back to pass labs, they determined a transformer had gone bad. One they determined that, they decided that the unit should have lasted longer and fixed it for free. My dad paid freight both ways, stellar products and great customer service.

giggity he said unit. giggity

Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited August 2018
    You didn't look close enough Ivan. Maybe this will help....

Well shonuff they be some red.... ;);)
    Sorry Jesse i used my good eye this time
    That is some excellent jewelry on that, the FR4 isn't too shabby either.
  • mhardy6647
    RCA jacks installed by me, all nice and uniform.

re8i325y5l66.jpg

Speaking of this beautiful rehab of an SA-5200, I rather literally stumbled across this looking for something else entirely in the 1974 Teledyne Olson catalog :)

c3tyfoy7r295.png

source: https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-Catalogs/Consumer/Olson Radio-1974-Catalog.pdf
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Mark, it's an SA-500 and TX-500, but I like the look of those 5200's.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    Mark, it's an SA-500 and TX-500, but I like the look of those 5200's.

Dang! I knew that, too! Sorry.
    Brain infarct.

An SA-5200 passed through here many years back; adorable little amplifier (as is that SA-500, perhaps even moreso).
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    MastersounD DueVenti vs Pass Labs INT-60/250
    DSkip wrote: »
    What were we talking about? Why did I come into this room?

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    MastersounD DueVenti vs Pass Labs INT-60/250
    DSkip wrote: »
    What were we talking about? Why did I come into this room?

in that price range you have to start with the evolution 845 or maybe the compact 845
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Clipdat
    Hah, yeah, true. I was just messing around, not being super serious. ;)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Hah, yeah, true. I was just messing around, not being super serious. ;)

If we can't help you blow large chunks of cash on frivolous expenditures like audio, then this thread is just a waste of our time. >:)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    I need the large chunks of cash before I can blow it on audio. I don't think I've ever had $12k to my name at any point in time.
  • nooshinjohn
    There is one on the ‘gon for 8k. Time to crap or get off the pot... :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    *checks* nope, don't have 8k either.
  • nooshinjohn
    Wuss... ;):p

• Clipdat
    It's a good deal for the one on Audiogon, considering it comes with the PS Audio cord. If I had 8k I would consider it.