mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
http://www.synergisticresearch.com/isolation/accessories/quantum-ground-lifter/
One meeeellion volts...

q9qh31l3ha54.png

I don't really know what else to say.

Comments

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Huh. Well for $38 it might be worth a try... except that with a piece designed to be grounded, the lack of a ground is a fire hazard, right?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    That you're jealous that you didn't come up with that little darling .....

Very little overhead in lots of potencial.....
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,064
    Don't get it angry - you wouldn't like it when it's angry.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Wow, it's Quantum Tunneled!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    It's also the same Leviton (even has the Leviton brand molded into it) ground lift plug you can buy at Lowe's or Home Depot for $0.79
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • ab0tj
    ab0tj Posts: 40
    But..... quantum!!!
    Marantz SR6012, Parasound HCA-2200II, LSiM705 L/R, S35 center (yeah, I know...), 2x PSW505
  • txcoastal1
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    It's also the same Leviton (even has the Leviton brand molded into it) ground lift plug you can buy at Lowe's or Home Depot for $0.79

Well, due to tariffs they are a little more expensive than .79
    But you can buy 2 for $4 :/

https://www.amazon.com/Leviton-274-000-Grounding-Adapter-Gray/dp/B000H5WGJ6/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_60_bs_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=DNNZY9GRJHX5ZTNSHAVK&dpID=31FqLgRXhZL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Some of those cheap pocket taser things claim to output millions of volts. I wonder if that's how they "made" the quantum tunneling in their product. Zap your thing with a TASER!!!!!!
  • mhardy6647
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    That you're jealous that you didn't come up with that little darling .....

Very little overhead in lots of potencial.....

potential -- I see what you did there ;)
  • mhardy6647
    I would hope that cheap pocket tasers aren't like cheap pens that you put in your pocket and they leak. That could smart.

• mhardy6647
    DSkip wrote: »
    I have experienced this cable and it was quite impressive.

http://synres.wpengine.com/cables/galileo/galileodigital/digital/

Not sure of your point, other than that it is a product from the same company.
    Heck, Mapleshade sells some nice things, too -- and some bizarre things.
    Pretty common in this industry, which - from my perspective - has a faction that sometimes preys on the naïveté of its market.

Pierre Sprey (to pick on Mapleshade again) isn't a hack -- but, again, some of his products are sort of questionable in either concept or execution.

Full disclosure, I have a pair of Mad Scientist Audio Black Discus thingies (the trial versions) on my loudspeaker cables. Why? Because they were free (as in absolutely free, mailed from New Zealand on their dime) and they certainly do no harm. :) I like Mad Scientist Audio's attitude in the context of the hifi tweak companies (FWIW) -- they don't seem to take themselves too seriously, but they are actually a business.

I'd still, by default, recommend against investing in Quantum Ground Lifters, but YMMV, of course -- it's not my thirty-eight bucks. :)

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Is it April 1st?
  • mhardy6647
    I don't think so -- I was once told that the word gullible cannot be found in any dictionary of the English language... but I didn't check. ;)

Speaking of irrational products, I like this one. They're honest about it. I might even invest 20 smackers in one of these to demagnetize my system.

https://superphonica.com/all-products/accessories-other-great-stuff/ayre-ibe-disc/

id1ctmbs8asd.png

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    A 2 buck cheater plug at Home depot does the same thing these 38 buck ones do. I'm sure some will sleep better at night knowing they spent 38 bucks for the best ground lifter though. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2018
    There's also the 'snip the ground pin off the IEC power cord" tweak.

Full disclosure: I may have done this to make "reasonable" power cords for my Quad ESL-57s , which have two-prong IEC style power input connectors on 'em. The factory power cords are, like, 30 feet long.

Heck, some power cords have removable ground pins -- not sure if they've been treated with one meeeeeellion volts though.
  • mhardy6647
    zuul wrote: »
    4n63tzlulh02.png

Lookin' at 'em, like that, they kind of remind me of Anxious Box.

67wtzacfuq1v.jpg
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    zuul wrote: »
    4n63tzlulh02.png

But these aren't Quantum Tunneled !!!!!!!!!!!
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    Quantum Tunneled. That is about as silly as cryo treating a powercord or breaking in speaker wires.............OH WAIT!
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I don't think so -- I was once told that the word gullible cannot be found in any dictionary of the English language... but I didn't check. ;)

Speaking of irrational products, I like this one. They're honest about it. I might even invest 20 smackers in one of these to demagnetize my system.

https://superphonica.com/all-products/accessories-other-great-stuff/ayre-ibe-disc/

id1ctmbs8asd.png

Watch out for the "Out-of-Phase Brown Noise." I had that happen after a bad lunch today and it took a while for me to put my phase back in order.
  • mhardy6647
    Yeah, that track list seemed sort of brown intensive.
  • txcoastal1
    @DSkip
    The problem is they didn't make it, they didn't even try to modify/disguise it....that's what's funny and not good for a reputation overall.

They could have at least plasti-dipped the thing...just MHO

• mhardy6647
    As was pointed out at the listserv from whence came the link (a gathering of the northern New England vacuum tube hifi gurus), they did put a sticker on it.

The problem from my perspective isn't about open/closed mindedness -- but rather what appears to be the deliberate misappropriation of a term (quantum tunneling) to sell a ground defeating plug adaptor.

Tunneling is a well-established and well-understood quantum mechanical effect (we wouldn't/couldn't have semiconductors without it); there's no magic, and there are no semiconductors in the product (nor, I'd be willing to bet, any semiconducting materials.

Healthy and well informed skepticism has a place, too, I would opine...
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,064
    Lookin' at 'em, like that, they kind of remind me of Anxious Box.

Or even..

new-cybermen.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2018
    ... vs. just cuttin' the third prong off an IEC cord.

PS. Denmark. Denmark has happy sockets.

p4tkypf7rxfg.png

... and here's another jaunty little socket.

1xvzm0yct172.png

• txcoastal1
    BARF

• mhardy6647
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    BARF

Care to expand on that a little?
  • txcoastal1
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    BARF

Care to expand on that a little?

lalou3onlexd.gif

• txcoastal1
    edited August 2018
    YOU ASKED FOR IT!!

• mhardy6647
    and a good evening to you, too!

;)

Not sure if your gastric distress stems from the product or the discussion, that's all I was getting at.

:|