Sound coming from Left side speaker only

david121
david121 Posts: 1
edited July 2018 in Speakers
Hey guys, I recently bought speaker. its working fine for few days but now got a problem regarding my speakers. When i am trying to play media files such as music or videos the sound only comes from my left speaker. Even I plugged in my headphones and this time the sound only comes out from one side. please help me to solve this problem. Thanks.

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    Sounds like you have an upstream electronic issue... The source, Amp, pre... Easiest thing is to swap equipment to narrow down the issue... Could also be a bad signal cable
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I've seen bad signal cables be the problem a few times. The last one I diagnosed for a friend on July Forth. :)

One of the brass pins on an I-phone to RCA jacks cable was missing a brass pin on one of the RCA jacks. The plastic pin was still there but no brass cover. :#

Switch the wires, jack inspections, and speaker output inspections too. You'll find the problem. ;)

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    david121 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I recently bought speaker. its working fine for few days but now got a problem regarding my speakers. When i am trying to play media files such as music or videos the sound only comes from my left speaker. Even I plugged in my headphones and this time the sound only comes out from one side. please help me to solve this problem. Thanks.

I concur with the above comments.
    It would also help if you told us what you have in your system.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    How are you playing those files? Are you streaming with Bluetooth? Is that the only source that causes this issue? If so, then the above diagnosis is where I'd place my bet.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Swap the speakers to be sure it's not the speaker then as others have said get to it and try try try, process of elimination.