MAGNIFI MAX SR issues

Hi,

I own a MAGNIFI MAX SR soundbar for 1 month and have some issues with it.
MAGNIFI MAX SR is connected to my home network with cable.
I can stream music over blutooth connection but no way to cast audio using google home or other any application (HiFi Cast, AllConnect).

My sound bar is seen in google home, but no way to cast spotify or any other application to it.

Other issue, I a HTPC for movies (software is Jriver). I can't outptut AC3 or DTS in 5.1 (only 2.0)... I suppose it's because of EDID of my Sony TV (?). Connection over HDMI takes in consideration only the display (I suppose).

Any help is appreciate.

Regards

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Hello,
    I'll ask a friend, at Polk, to contact you via email.
  • adhara
    adhara Posts: 3
    Thanks, I'm in touch with him by email.

Well I always have issues in using my soundbar and JRiver ...
    My soundbar is compatible with DTS / Dolby (AC3) in 5.1 and PCM in stereo.

In stereo, everything works well.
    For 5.1 sound tracks this is problematic (I output in HDMI bitstream).

In short, I can not get out of 5.1 from my PC ... I think I know why but I did not find a workaround to fix it.

HDMI connection: PC -> Soundbar -> TV (Sony ZD9 4K)

The HDMI output of my graphics card (Nvidia) is tagged with the EDID of my TV (Sony ZD9). So since the TV includes only 2 speakers. The NVidia audio panel only offers stereo.

From CRU tool (I read EDID of my Sony TV):
    CRUZD9.jpg

Nvidia sound options:
    Nvidia.jpg

Nvidia2.jpg

Here below an example when watching the movie "Avatar" (5.1 DTS sound track)

• adhara
    adhara Posts: 3
    I don't really see anything wrong on the computer end. The number of channels shouldn't really matter since the audio device indicates support for AC3/DTS.

It's normal for MC to show 2ch in the audio path when bitstreaming. It's kind of misleading, but is an artifact of the data format. MC isn't making any changes to the input format, as indicated by the "(bitstreaming)" next to output. That indicates the stream is going bit-perfect to the soundbar.

Is there something on the soundbar that is showing you aren't getting 5.1 output? Or something you can or cannot hear?
  • Matt0216
    Matt0216 Posts: 2
    edited December 2018
    I have the same problem as you on my alienware laptop with a Nvidia GTx 1080 I want to watch my movies in 5.1 but it’s always set to 2.1 stereo