Reconnecting my two Woodbourne's to wifi

Polk CS,

I had to replace my router recently and need to reconnect my Woodbourne's to wifi at home. Trouble is, the Woodbourne app for my iPhone is out of date and is not supported for the latest iOS version.

How do I reconnect them?

Thanks,

John
No excuses!

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    The play-fi app may be helpful.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Technology.........making things obsolete faster than a speeding bullet.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    F1nut wrote: »
    Technology.........making things obsolete faster than a speeding bullet.

You got that right sir! UGH!
    No excuses!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Hello,
    I'll forward this to Polk for an answer, it probably won't be until tomorrow.
  • Strong Bad
    Hello,
    I'll forward this to Polk for an answer, it probably won't be until tomorrow.

Thank you Ken, much appreciated!
    No excuses!
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    watching this with interest
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• Strong Bad
    Still waiting....
    No excuses!
  • Strong Bad
    Crickets...crickets...
    No excuses!
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Crickets...crickets...

No news is good news, right? :s
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    A similar thing happened with the Squeezebox devices when the Logitech Server app stopped working on my iPads after an iOS update. There are third party apps available in that case.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Emlyn wrote: »
    A similar thing happened with the Squeezebox devices when the Logitech Server app stopped working on my iPads after an iOS update. There are third party apps available in that case.

I really doubt anyone is making third party apps for the woudbourne :'(
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Strong Bad
    I'm not a software developer, so I have no idea the amount of hours it would take to modify the code to work with the latest version of iOS. I can't be the only person that has this issue.

I have 2 Woodbournes that are in perfect shape and honestly I love them.

The Polk Audio of old would NOT have left this thread get to this point. Come on folks, get it gear!
    No excuses!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    I've sent this to a friend in the engineering department.
  • vhall
    vhall Posts: 1
    I was told by Support that the Play-fi App no long supports the Woodbourne. I connected to wifi with an Omni P1 adapter.
  • Strong Bad
    vhall wrote: »
    I was told by Support that the Play-fi App no long supports the Woodbourne. I connected to wifi with an Omni P1 adapter.

The $300 adaptor? This better not be the only option available.
    No excuses!
  • Strong Bad
    and the beat goes on...not a word from anyone!
    No excuses!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    You know that feeling ..... got the same feeling when I bought the Blue Sound Node, then they came out with the Node2 :/

vz8gr2vu3c56.gif
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Strong Bad
    It’s that Ned Beatty in Deliverance kind of screwed feeling.
    No excuses!
  • mdaudioguy
    Will these instructions for connecting via a computer with a WiFi connection help you? I don't have a Woodbourne, so I don't know. Seems like it might help, if all the app does is connect you to WiFi. Everything else happens through Airplay after that, right?

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/assets.soundunited.com/polk/product_documents_legacy/Woodbourne_NetworkSetup.pdf
  • Let me try again to get an answer.
  • Strong Bad
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Will these instructions for connecting via a computer with a WiFi connection help you? I don't have a Woodbourne, so I don't know. Seems like it might help, if all the app does is connect you to WiFi. Everything else happens through Airplay after that, right?

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/assets.soundunited.com/polk/product_documents_legacy/Woodbourne_NetworkSetup.pdf

mdaudioguy, you win the BIG prize! Everything! The Chocolate Factory, the Everlasting Gobstopper, the Oompa Loompas...ALL OF IT!

These instructions worked like a charm. Took me roughly 2 minutes per Woodbourne and both are connected to my WIFI again.

Turned it on, pressed the selector to WIFI, then held the button in until the WIFI indicator blinked very fast. That created a wireless network (SSID "PolkWoodbourne") and I connected to that. Opened browser, went to 192.168.1.12...and there was the config. Found my SSID, typed in password and BOOM...connected! Did it from my iPad.

Thank you mdaudioguy for coming through.

Polk CS...come on man! Did it really need to take this long and be this irritating?
    No excuses!
  • EndersShadow
    edited August 2018
    Damn it.... I was hoping you would end up Karma'ing them off lol......

I want me one or two of them as they are awesome!!!

But in all seriousness I'm very happy you got them working again. They are the bees knees.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Strong Bad

OMG, I bet you were sitting on this PDF just hoping no one else would post it and I would dump them. I see how it is! Uh huh...

Yes, they are awesome! I see them on eBay here and there.

No excuses!
  • EndersShadow
    Strong Bad wrote: »

OMG, I bet you were sitting on this PDF just hoping no one else would post it and I would dump them. I see how it is! Uh huh...

Yes, they are awesome! I see them on eBay here and there.

Nah.... I may be a ****.... but I'm not that big a **** lol.....
  • EndersShadow
    PS.... I figured you'd were about 2 days from this:

WiltedAmusedAmericanbittern-size_restricted.gif
  • mdaudioguy
    Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!!
    Good to hear you're back in business!
    I'll send Polk CS the bill. ;)
  • mdaudioguy
    @KennethSwauger, Kindly request you split your commission on this one with me. B)
    50% of... Ah, never mind, this one's on the house. :p
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Good thing we didn't know anyone at polk this could be embarrassing...

:p:p