Can anyone help me identify these speakers? Over 20 years old.

0farvhe62429.jpeg

Answers

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Polk RT600
    No need for 3 threads asking the same thing.
    Welcome to club Polk.
  • Sorry, wasn’t sure if I was doing it right. I got it now tho.
  • mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 993
    F1nut wrote: »
    You might consider dusting and running the vacuum before posting pics.

Perhaps he didn't own it. Maybe he saw it at an estate sale and just took a picture of it. I know when I go to an estate sale, I rarely take along my Dyson. Sometimes...but not often. lol
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 993
    F1nut wrote: »
    You might consider dusting and running the vacuum before posting pics.

Hey, I just saw his similar post in another section where he said he bought these speakers over 20 years ago. You are absolutely right! He should have cleaned them up a bit.

McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Hey, priorities man! Dusty speakers still sound good!

Actually I'm weird about keeping my gear looking good. I absolutely HAVE to dust my speakers, all components, and what parts of my rack I can with a soft microfiber towel before I use my system. It's like a routine that I have.
    mark090852 wrote: »
    Hey, I just saw his similar post in another section where he said he bought these speakers over 20 years ago. You are absolutely right! He should have cleaned them up a bit.

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Same here, although I only dust when it’s necessary, and there are levels of necessity for me. If it is my audio gear, I probably dust once a week or so. If it’s my desk, 2-3 weeks. So on and so forth until you get to random Knick knacks, which can be anywhere from a month to a year. :lol:
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Dust on the cones alters the T-S parameters.

• stuwee
    stuwee Posts: 1,508
    Clipdat wrote: »

Actually I'm weird about keeping my gear looking good. I absolutely HAVE to dust my speakers, all components, and what parts of my rack I can with a soft microfiber towel before I use my system. It's like a routine that I have.

Ha! I have to actually vacuum my Martin Logan panels every 2 months, makes my back hurt, up and down. dusty ML's sound like crap. We all have to bow to the audio gods every now and then to get what we want!?!

I'm still waiting for some Polkies in southern AZ to invite me for a listen, I bring food and bevs!!

Thorens TD125MKII, SME3009,Shure V15/ Teac V-8000S, Denon DN-790R cass, Teac 3340 RtR decks, Onix CD2...Sumo Electra Plus pre>SAE A1001 amp>Martin Logan Summit's
  • ericerik
    ericerik Posts: 53
    so after the discussion of cleanliness . did anyone help em find out the speakers model
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    stuwee wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »

Ha! I have to actually vacuum my Martin Logan panels every 2 months, makes my back hurt, up and down. dusty ML's sound like crap. We all have to bow to the audio gods every now and then to get what we want!?!

I'm still waiting for some Polkies in southern AZ to invite me for a listen, I bring food and bevs!!

heh, bet you can't train a Roomba to do that...
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    ericerik wrote: »
    so after the discussion of cleanliness . did anyone help em find out the speakers model

Second post...