I hate going to the beach...

Here I sit on Zuma beach. It is about 80 degrees right now, and the view is spectacular, but I hate coming here.

Today turned into a family deal, so my beautiful Jaguar XJ is loaded down with all the stuff for two boys, my wife and sister in law. So far no problem, except for the fact that nobody bothered to bring clean, dry clothes with them... just one towel, and my boy is covered in so much sun screen it will take a month to wash it all off.

My wife thinks I hate the beach because I burn so badly here that I need skin grafts to repair the damage. The truth is that coming here is such a production and the mess takes weeks to clean up. The drama is simply too much for the view, and the stupid sun block acts more like gorilla glue.

I hate the beach.
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    You need a Suburban..
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Get a more practical auto for family fun outings and enjoy your activities with them. Win win for everyone.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    The vehicle would not make a difference
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    Such first world problems......sun block on my XJ.

3ql14ezagbop.jpg

HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Seat covers. Take them off, wash, store until next trip.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    something about sunscreen and sand has never quite appealed to me.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    From a shirt I bought in Siesta Key:

"If your lucky enough to be on the beach then you're lucky enough."

Now, quit your beachin' and go clean your car. :D
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Try adding a sandy, wet pug and those nasty, invisible bugs that bite you 200 times a minute at nearly every beach in Florida. Siesta Beach on Siesta Key was the only beach I visited that wasn't infested with those carnivorous sand fleas.

And a wife that has to bring every object she owns that isn't nailed down. "Why don't you just build a garage at the beach? It would save all of this packing."

And if the mother-in-law is in Florida? Add alcohol and pungent old-lady perfume that is like a chainsaw on the olfactory lobes to the mix.

I can't wait for Monday so I can go back to work in the A/C under a nice, thick roof.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Try adding a sandy, wet pug and those nasty, invisible bugs that bite you 200 times a minute at nearly every beach in Florida. Siesta Beach on Siesta Key was the only beach I visited that wasn't infested with those carnivorous sand fleas.

And a wife that has to bring every object she owns that isn't nailed down. "Why don't you just build a garage at the beach? It would save all of this packing."

And if the mother-in-law is in Florida? Add alcohol and pungent old-lady perfume that is like a chainsaw on the olfactory lobes to the mix.

I can't wait for Monday so I can go back to work in the A/C under a nice, thick roof.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    The beach sucks unless you have a house on the beach.

Something in Baja would be nice with a few dirt bikes and ATVs with some jet skis...or maybe a nice bungalow in the Caribbean with a little 120' yacht to get you there...
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • tonyb
    Suck it up cupcake, it's called being a parent. :) learn to prepare better next time. ;)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    I can empathize to a degree, it helps if people are prepared for the trip. Being prepared also means having a fishing pole ready to go, so it doesn’t have to be all bad. B)
    8dta51ygd0wl.jpeg
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    I love the beach, anywhere, with any beach on Maui and Huntington Beach CA as my favorites. I would like to die on the beach when it is my time.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    I thought getting your nice stuff trashed was part of the deal when you have kids.

Just wait til you find your speakers decorated to look like sunflowers with colored pencils poking out of the drivers like petals in an attempt to bring you some extra sunshine. Or, in passing, noticing your tonearm drooping at an awkward angle, only to realize it's been snapped off, but fixed up good as new with Laffy Taffy.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Rent a vehicle ...
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • tonyb
    edited July 2018
    I see an SUV in John's future. A Jag isn't exactly a beach going vehicle, unless your single. That might add to the stress of going to the beach.

Ya need room for the cooler, towels tents toys umbrella stroller clean clothes diaper bag, etc. If your going to use a nice car and think your going to keep it clean....with kids, think again.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • motorhead43026
    edited July 2018
    He may want to keep the Jag. I see a good chance of him being single someday, as he betches too much.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• Mikey081057
    He lives in CA... The Judge won't let him keep the Jag.

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • motorhead43026
    ^^I also see a moped in his future.

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Have to side with John on this. Going to the beach with little kids is a PITA. I'm not a beach lover to begin with, add to that the hour spent prepping just to get out the fargin' door and I'm one cranky SOB.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited July 2018
    After we got home, at nearly 11pm, the wife came to me and said she agreed with every reason I had for not going, said I was right and she was sorry for putting us through that debacle. I did not have time to fully put together my initial post, but the car was the least of my worries.

Number one on the list was the safety of my son. His skin and eyes are too important to risk in the a 90 degree day at the beach. Second was going with her family in the first place. Third was the traffic... took us two friggin hours to drive 12 miles, and made the day far longer than it had to be.

• tonyb
    2 hours to drive 12 miles.....I'd of stayed home. Can't stand traffic like that.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Mikey081057
    All that and the water is too cold anyway...

• motorhead43026
    edited July 2018
    ^^even in the ghetto California, AKA Florida?

Don't get me wrong, I like FL. The Atlantic is warmer but the Pacific is beautiful.

• Mikey081057
    88* here

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    I doubt that one day at the beach will ruin his skin or his eyes; you said he was covered in sunscreen right? And unless you're going to keep him in a monastery until he's 21, you live in Cali - he WILL find his way to the beach on his own, especially if he's got a 'Vette to drive there himself ;)

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/