Congrats to my Son

kevhed72
kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
edited July 2018 in The Clubhouse
He is a competitive swimmer and has been waking up for 430am swim practice all summer. This weekend it paid off with a Jr. National Time of 1 06 05 in the 100yd breast stroke. This earned him a trip to Irvine, CA. for a major national event, which will be filled with swimmers and college coaches from across the country. We couldn't be prouder of him.

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    That’s awesome.... congrats to him.

Take him to Disneyland when you guys come out for the meet.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Thats a great idea. He wants to squeeze in a tour of USC if we can also.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    If you guys are here long enough, you are welcome to come by. I am an hour north of there however...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Congrats and good luck to him.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Congrats and good luck at nationals
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Awesome dedication well done!!
    Congrats
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Congrats and keep it up
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,064
    edited July 2018
    Congrats and good for him. Swimming was the only sport I was any good at as a kid, and most people don't realize what a tough sport it is. All I remember about it now is hours and hours of training and a neo- s a d i s t coach :-). I reached regional level for butterfly in England, and national level here in a much larger pool (pun intended) is a pretty significant achievement.

Odd spacing as s a d i s t is apparently a Vanilla no-no.
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737
    edited July 2018
    Congrats and best of luck. A favorite uncle of mine was a college swim coach and I have fond memories of watching practice poolside. A huge bonus is that it's a sport he can enjoy for a long, long time. USC is a great school. One of my kids graduated from there last year and the experinc was the best.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    wow; congratulations to him/to all!

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Congrats to the young lad. Swimmers get all the chicks. ;):)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • starkiller
    starkiller Posts: 2,723
    Nice!!
    Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Congrats and continued success. That's fantastic.