Power Issues-TV interference

Billm57
Billm57 Posts: 689
edited April 2002 in Technical/Setup
Has anyone ever experienced this? Whenever our microwave is running the picture on my tv goes nuts..If the air is on with other appliances running such as a washing machine or dryer i get white lines and/or a scrambled picture..I have tried different types of surge suppressors as well as plugging into other outlets and it doesnt go away..do I need something strorger like a power conditioner? It gets to a point that in summer the tv is basically unwatchable when the air is running and we are washing clothes..something that is basically a daily occurrence in our household..any suggestions???
Post edited by Billm57 on

Comments

• PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited April 2002
    Yes, sure... those kind of "****" happen everyday, get a power conditioner, it will definitely help. I install the MC HTS 5000 a year ago and I've been happy with its performance, never have any more interferences, sound is crystal clear, picture on TV is perfect, this piece of equipment also have a separate plug-ins for digital and analog equipment... Cheers
  • rsfrid
    rsfrid Posts: 8
    edited April 2002
    Is your TV signal off-air, cable or DSS?
  • Billm57
    edited April 2002
    off of satellite..
  • rsfrid
    rsfrid Posts: 8
    edited April 2002
    That's the problem. Microwave signal causes pixelization and audio breakup. Not sure why you are getting this from A/C though. It got so bad on mine it blew the high-end from the right speaker and overloaded my AV amp and finally affected that. I solved it by going to digital cable then buying new Polks and Denon receiver (actually I wanted them anyway - this was just an excuse). Try a better grade of cable, grounding the cable better (not both ends - that will create a ground loop), Reroute the cable further from the microwave, new microwave, etc.
  • Billm57
    edited April 2002
    Originally posted by rsfrid
    That's the problem. Microwave signal causes pixelization and audio breakup. Not sure why you are getting this from A/C though. It got so bad on mine it blew the high-end from the right speaker and overloaded my AV amp and finally affected that. I solved it by going to digital cable then buying new Polks and Denon receiver (actually I wanted them anyway - this was just an excuse). Try a better grade of cable, grounding the cable better (not both ends - that will create a ground loop), Reroute the cable further from the microwave, new microwave, etc.
    the appliances (washing machine and dryer) cause it too..and if either of them are on when the ac is on..fuggedaboutit..I just trun the tv off and crack a book..I dont remeber this happening when when I first got sattelite..I AM using a sima powered videos witcher ..running all video through it..thats gonna go once I set my Denon 2802..we will see if the problem goes with it