Replacing spring clips on PSW202?

I tried posting this on the customer service forum, but maybe more people will see it here:

I have a PSW202 subwoofer that is probably around 15 years old. Recently the spring clips started breaking off. The top plastic crossbar broke off and the spring and lever came out, so it does not hold the wire anymore. I am getting by with some alligator clips to the metal contact, however I'd like a better solution. Is there any way to replace the spring clips? I can handle a soldering iron up to a certain point... Are these parts available?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Hello,
    They won't be available from Polk, they purchase the complete amplifier as a single assembly from a vendor. You might want to remove the amplifier from the enclosure and look at the inside of the input plate and evaluate the possibility of replacing the speaker clip assembly yourself.
    I can point out that the spring clips for speaker level output are the same as speaker level input. In other words if the inputs clips are broken and the output ones are intact they can function as inputs.
  • orev
    orev Posts: 3
    I had opened it up to see the feasibility, and was a bit confused that both inputs and outputs connect to the same place internally. There must be some electrical principle I'm missing. I assumed there was a crossover or something filtering out the bass going to the sub and only the higher frequencies went to the speakers? If that's not the case then it makes this much easier to deal with.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    No, the input and output are identical, no high pass filtering to output signal.