TSi 500 - too much bass

2»

Comments

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited June 2018
    I am a little crispy around the edges myself. See that guy in my avatar? I took his advice many years ago, and for too many years.
    Post edited by motorhead43026 on
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    OP has been online but no update. Guess he likes keeping us in suspense!
  • zioniac
    zioniac Posts: 8
    F1nut wrote: »
    The same Philips that makes light bulbs and electric toothbrushes?

You betcha. Philips has made some of the best CD transports around, but they never made a decent speaker.

I fully disagree. The two sets I had hooked up were actually pretty great. Philips actually made decent stuff years ago. They've kinda been out of the game for a while now.
  • zioniac
    zioniac Posts: 8
    Thanks for everyone's input. It's sounding better recently. Rooftop59, thanks for comment.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    zioniac wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    The same Philips that makes light bulbs and electric toothbrushes?

You betcha. Philips has made some of the best CD transports around, but they never made a decent speaker.

I fully disagree. The two sets I had hooked up were actually pretty great. Philips actually made decent stuff years ago. They've kinda been out of the game for a while now.

If you have to max out the tone controls they aren't pretty great speakers.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Thanks for everyone's input. It's sounding better recently. Rooftop59, thanks for comment.

What changes did you make that resulted in the improved sound?
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    FestYboy wrote: »

What changes did you make that resulted in the improved sound?

Or... did his ears change??
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Welcome to CP! Stick around, keep an open mind, and you might be surprised what you learn.

I know I was!! :)

Go to bed, it’s past your bedtime :p
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Welcome to CP! Stick around, keep an open mind, and you might be surprised what you learn.

I know I was!! :)

Go to bed, it’s past your bedtime :p

I couldn’t sleep so I spent 2 hours on YouTube and the forum :tongue: