SACDs - Where to Buy

13»

Comments

• voltzvoltz Posts: 5,009
    Clipdat wrote: »
    New SACD has arrived! Thanks again @F1nut for the recommendation!

hnw9f2lsdv7t.png

I'm really impressed with how quickly Acoustic Sounds processes and ships their orders! They also know how to package things so that they arrive in mint condition. Very pleased with their service!

they are only about 60 miles from me, but they are mail order only.
    those Japanese imports are really special SACD's..the Wishbone Ash Argus is tops.

Think you may enjoy Avalon. let me know how you like it. P.s.
    check out this video by Bryan

2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 5,009
    Think "The Doors" SACD is worth it as I have it and their Greatest hits on SACD! plus "The Doors/The Doors" 45 rpm Vinyl is to awesome! I have all 3 :# (need help)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Danny TseDanny Tse Posts: 5,219
    I'd recommend....

https://www.importcds.com/music/sacd

Many MoFi titles under $20
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,930
    Avalon was good! I will need several more listens to it though before I can really form an opinion. Audio quality was great! I think I liked the second half of the album more than the first.

Overall, a nice listening experience. A bit short though at only 37min playtime.
    voltz wrote: »
    Think you may enjoy Avalon. let me know how you like it.

• JaybeezJaybeez Posts: 696
    My best SACD purchase so far is Brothers in Arms (Japanese) by Dire Straits. Sound quality is amazing. If you're even a marginal fan, I'd recommend this one.
    Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; LSiM 703 ; LSiM 704C ; FXi4s ; Sub – Rhythmik F12SE

2 Channel Studio: Marantz PM8004 Integrated ; Marantz SA8004 ; Music Hall MMF 7.3TT w/Ortofon Bronze; Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Rythmik F12SE

"And these children that you spit on, as they try to change their worlds, are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through."
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,930
    My wife recommended that album! I will buy it eventually, it's a bit pricey at $60 like Avalon was.
    Jaybeez wrote: »
    My best SACD purchase so far is Brothers in Arms (Japanese) by Dire Straits. Sound quality is amazing. If you're even a marginal fan, I'd recommend this one.

• dr1978dr1978 Posts: 222
    dr1978 wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »
    My SACD order from Acoustic Sounds shipped today.

Let it be known that they get their orders shipped out quickly, happy about that.

My Acoustic Sounds order just arrived today. A sampler disc, Allman Bros. Brothers and Sisters, Abraxas and LA Woman. Last disc was the only Doors album with a bass player, who happens to be the father of two of my high school buddies. Mind boggling when you realize he played / plays with just one finger.

I knew they used a bass player for LA Woman, but didn't know anything about him. Crazy!

Have you played the disc yet? The Doors were my first love when I was a kid. I've been hesitant to plop down $30 for any of their SACD's though, I wasn't sure how much the music would benefit.

Totally worth the $$. I'd give this one a 9.5 on a 10 scale. I'm hearing things I've never heard before, and I know every note of this album by heart.
    Sounds like Jim is in the room, and each instrument is clear and distinct.
    Title track up next, but so far this one is a keeper!

I finally ordered this, well actually the DVD-A. Can't wait to give it a listen!
    Pro-ject 2 Experience SB, OPPO BDP-103, Marantz SR5011, Lounge LCR MKIII, B&K Ref 2220, AMC 2100, Polk LSiM705, Polk LSiM706C, Polk RM8, Polk PSW450
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 2,582
    Check Discogs as well. Not loaded with SACD, but, will find them. You can set up notifications to alert you when something you're looking for becomes available. Have had good experiences ordering through them.
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    Dual SVS SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig