SACDs - Where to Buy

13»

Comments

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Clipdat wrote: »
    New SACD has arrived! Thanks again @F1nut for the recommendation!

hnw9f2lsdv7t.png

I'm really impressed with how quickly Acoustic Sounds processes and ships their orders! They also know how to package things so that they arrive in mint condition. Very pleased with their service!

they are only about 60 miles from me, but they are mail order only.
    those Japanese imports are really special SACD's..the Wishbone Ash Argus is tops.

Think you may enjoy Avalon. let me know how you like it. P.s.
    check out this video by Bryan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Din_eWjJWe0
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Think "The Doors" SACD is worth it as I have it and their Greatest hits on SACD! plus "The Doors/The Doors" 45 rpm Vinyl is to awesome! I have all 3 :# (need help)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    I'd recommend....

https://www.importcds.com/music/sacd

Many MoFi titles under $20
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Avalon was good! I will need several more listens to it though before I can really form an opinion. Audio quality was great! I think I liked the second half of the album more than the first.

Overall, a nice listening experience. A bit short though at only 37min playtime.
    voltz wrote: »
    Think you may enjoy Avalon. let me know how you like it.

• Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737
    My best SACD purchase so far is Brothers in Arms (Japanese) by Dire Straits. Sound quality is amazing. If you're even a marginal fan, I'd recommend this one.
  • Clipdat
    My wife recommended that album! I will buy it eventually, it's a bit pricey at $60 like Avalon was.
    Jaybeez wrote: »
    My best SACD purchase so far is Brothers in Arms (Japanese) by Dire Straits. Sound quality is amazing. If you're even a marginal fan, I'd recommend this one.

• dr1978
    dr1978 Posts: 424
    dr1978 wrote: »
    My SACD order from Acoustic Sounds shipped today.

Let it be known that they get their orders shipped out quickly, happy about that.

My Acoustic Sounds order just arrived today. A sampler disc, Allman Bros. Brothers and Sisters, Abraxas and LA Woman. Last disc was the only Doors album with a bass player, who happens to be the father of two of my high school buddies. Mind boggling when you realize he played / plays with just one finger.

I knew they used a bass player for LA Woman, but didn't know anything about him. Crazy!

Have you played the disc yet? The Doors were my first love when I was a kid. I've been hesitant to plop down $30 for any of their SACD's though, I wasn't sure how much the music would benefit.

Totally worth the $$. I'd give this one a 9.5 on a 10 scale. I'm hearing things I've never heard before, and I know every note of this album by heart.
    Sounds like Jim is in the room, and each instrument is clear and distinct.
    Title track up next, but so far this one is a keeper!

I finally ordered this, well actually the DVD-A. Can't wait to give it a listen!
    Pro-ject 2 Experience SB, OPPO BDP-103, Marantz SR5011, Lounge LCR MKIII, McCormack DNA-HT5, Polk LSiM705, Polk LSiM706C, Polk LSiM702, SVS SB16-Ultra
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Check Discogs as well. Not loaded with SACD, but, will find them. You can set up notifications to alert you when something you're looking for becomes available. Have had good experiences ordering through them.
  • Derm
    Derm Posts: 95
    I just ordered The Police - Synchronicity SACD off the same Japan based seller I usually get my new discs from.
    One more to add to my collection with many more to go.
    Next I plan to get Billy Joel greatest hits 2 disk set. Just price shopping the net to find the best deal/shipping.
    Speakers
    Front - LsiM707, Front presence - LsiM703, Future ATMOS - VS 700LS
    Center - LsiM706c, Rear surrounds - 80 F/X LS, VS 900LS. Sub - (pair) Klipsch R-12SW
    AVR - Yamaha RX-A3010
    AMP - NAD C275BEE
    Main HT - LG 4K 75”, Sony UBXP800M2
    Bedroom HT - LG 55" 4K, Philips BDP7501 4K UHD player , Yamaha SRT-1500 sound projector, Spare room HT LG 50” plasma, Yamaha BD-671
    Office - Pioneer X-CM56, Bose iPod dock
    In Storage - 4 - RTiA9, RtiA3, CSiA6, FXiA4, Blackstone TL1

The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
  • Clipdat
    edited July 2019
    I've officially gone off the deep end (as if you guys didn't already know that), I realized that I inadvertently ordered two copies of this SACD: https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/133896/Hideaki_Yoshioka_Trio-Moment_To_Moment-Single_Layer_SACD

First order was 6/7/18 and then I ordered it again on 12/4/18. Expensive mistake!

I guess I really like this album!
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    I’m in with 50, great Karma Drew!
  • Clipdat
    You don't even like jazz!
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Don't have to like it to appreciate FREE
  • Clipdat
    Should I order more SACDs or no?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    order all you can. I try and buy all I like in the music I like. Get while the getting is good
  • Clipdat
    Too bad they are $40 a pop.
  • pitdogg2
    40 is not so bad I'd like it to be less but they are not as plentiful as they were. I start having hesitations at about 100.00, I've paid up to 90.00 and have no regrets
  • Clipdat
    Most of the ones I'm interested in are on the Venus Records label out of Japan. The sound quality on them is simply stunning.
  • pitdogg2
    I have found most titles from japan are better sounding than those produced here in the states.
    Some a lot better.
  • Clipdat
    ZOMG I ordered 10 SACDs.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    ZOMG I ordered 10 SACDs.

Out of control you are! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Clipdat
    edited October 2020
    I rationalized it because I feel that it's important to put money into the hands of people that are actually making these SACDs. With streaming the artists only get pennies for x number of plays, basically nothing.

At least this way I'm supporting the Venus Records label that keeps making these SACDs which hopefully means they will continue to do so for some time.

Also, like I mentioned, the audio quality is dramatically better than regular CDs.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    I rationalized it because I feel that it's important to put money into the hands of people that are actually making these SACDs. With streaming the artists only get pennies for x number of plays, basically nothing.

At least this way I'm supporting the Venus Records label that keeps making these SACDs which hopefully means they will continue to do so for some time.

Also, like I mentioned, the audio quality is dramatically better than regular CDs.

That's awesome Drew. Love the thought behind it. BTW I popped in DSOTM the other day, thanks again brother!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.