Prayers for my youngest

EndersShadow
EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
edited June 2018 in The Clubhouse
Tonight my youngest decided that dinner was going to knock her of her socks, literally. She fell backwards off the bench in our dining room and landed on her back and her head.

She started acting very weird afterward (aka scared my wife and I $hitless) so after about 10 minutes we decided to take her straight to the ER.

After some testing and a CT (thank god the doctor decided to do one just to be safe), she's got a hairline skull fracture but nothing serious enough to be admitted.....

All that said, I'd appreciate some prayers over the next few days because we are not out of the woods yet.

We have to take her to her primary doctor sometime tomorrow morning, and then take her to a neurologist at Peyton Manning later this week to make sure the fracture is healing, and make sure everything is A-OK.

And lastly and most importantly, prayers that she doesn't make it worse as its hard to keep her down and from running around like a maniac, and another fall could exacerbate the fracture in a VERY BAD Way.

So say a couple prayers for Scarlett, or throw some good vibes our way. I will take it in any shape and form I can.
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    My deepest and most heartfelt prayers for her, and for you guys. Show her strength and never let her see the fear. I pray that her doctors are the very best at what they do and their skills are guided by His hand as she heals. May He also comfort you and your wife and keep you strong for her so that you make the best descisions for her care.

God Bless....

John
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    I've been acting very weird myself lately, I may need to look into this, I'm extremely clumsy. I thought people with skull fractures are supposed to wear a helmet, similar to a bike helmet. Or is that just for people "on the spectrum". I sometimes wonder where I fall on this so called spectrum. :wink:

Good luck and hope everything works out!
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    You got it Dan! So sorry to hear this. Poor baby.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited June 2018
    Got you covered brah. Very sorry to hear this as well
    Hang in there.
    Sounds like you need a helmet for that wild child lol o:)o:)o:)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    edited June 2018
    Keeping my fingers crossed toward a smooth recovery/healing process for your little one. Keep us updated!
    We have to take her to her primary doctor sometime tomorrow morning, and then take her to a neurologist at Peyton Manning later this week to make sure the fracture is healing, and make sure everything is A-OK.

And lastly and most importantly, prayers that she doesn't make it worse as its hard to keep her down and from running around like a maniac, and another fall could exacerbate the fracture in a VERY BAD Way.

• gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    Wow, that has to be tough to see her go through that....pretty scary. Will send some prayers your way. Sounds like she's in some good hands.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Hope the recovery goes well, keep her low key....force it on her. Like you said, another bump and the situation can get a lot worse.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Will do Dan.

You need ANYTHING, call me.

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Prayers and positive vibes sent your way. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    We've been through something very similar, very scary indeed. Hoping for a quick an complete recovery.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Manticore
    Manticore Posts: 408
    Prayers for a speedy and thorough recovery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk LSim 707
    Polk LSiM706c
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Dan-sorry to hear. Prayers sent that Scarlett has a quick recovery. You and the wife hang in there and stay strong. Sometimes these things are rougher on the parents than the little ones.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Wow, scary stuff!
    Will do.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    edited June 2018
    Dan - so sorry to hear about Scarlett. Would’ve scared the me too. Little ones are very tough and resilient. She will be just fine in no time! Many prayers sent my friend!
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Prayers sent. Scary stuff there
    Randy/Maine
  • stuwee
    stuwee Posts: 1,508
    Scarlett is in my thoughts and prayers for sure Dan, children are amazing in how they handle these issues, we adults can learn so much from them. I'm so very sorry you have to go through this as a parent.

I've looked into, and had my eyes looked into by a child and felt the love that you can not ever understand, they are at once as close to God and yet as far away as they can be. I know that doesn't make much sense, ha! Being so close to the God force, yet so far away from it, as we grow older, we lose something, society breaks us down...

Thorens TD125MKII, SME3009,Shure V15/ Teac V-8000S, Denon DN-790R cass, Teac 3340 RtR decks, Onix CD2...Sumo Electra Plus pre>SAE A1001 amp>Martin Logan Summit's
  • helipilotdoug
    helipilotdoug Posts: 1,229
    Said a prayer for your Scarlett and will keep her in out prayers and thoughts. Hope she heals quickly.
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Oh no, sorry to hear Dan. Said a prayer now and will continue!
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited June 2018
    Thoughts and prayers, do NOT hesitate to get her another CT scan if her behavior seems strange. We just went thru this with a family member, and if her daughter hadn't INSISTED on a CT scan, they would have never seen blood on the brain. Thankfully she's recovering.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Thoughts and prayers, do NOT hesitate to get her another CT scan if her behavior seems strange. We just went thru this with a family member, and if her daughter hadn't INSISTED on a CT scan, they would have never seen blood on the brain. Thankfully she's recovering.

Trust me, we will. The reason we took her in initially was she started acting sleepy, and fearing a concussion and other issues, we knew she had to go in ASAP.

This afternoon I have a appointment with her doctor and we will see what they say from there.

I have yet to hear from my Mother in Law (who watches her for us everyday) how she's acting, but when I got her ready this morning she seemed to be back to her normal self.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    Prayers said, wishing her all the best.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Sorry Dan! Prayers and good vibes for Scarlett. Keep her calm and she should be fine.

Somehow with 4 this has never happened, though we have had some scary falls. My son recently decided it would be a good idea to jump off his bunk bed and onto the little exercise trampoline (which is in there to help him work OUT the energy, not break his neck on!). But I have to say that I probably would’ve done the same thing at his age!!!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    She'll be in my prayers. Wise of you guys to take her in.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    Praying.
    Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Prayers said
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Wishing Scarlett only the very best!!!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Healing thoughts sent her way.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    My deepest prayers for your little baby! She's gonna get through this with flying colors!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Darling little girl! Good to hear so far so good!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.