Second foray into non-Polk tower speakers

2»

Comments

• tonybtonyb Posts: 30,378
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Try it with the balls on the floor.

I would agree, might be a tad cold though. :)

HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 12,054
    edited May 2018
    tonyb wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Try it with the balls on the floor.

I would agree, might be a tad cold though. :)

Sick muck B) B)
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 1,410
    Balls on floor. Lmao

I have Totem Rainmakers. While they are designed to have extra bottom end with the cabinet/driver design, they are no where near full range. The Totem towers I listened to with Alan when he had Audio Alternative open in Lilburn GA were very nice sounding, but again not full range. I have Polk LSi-m705’s and the are closer to full range, but not all the way there. I say all of this to say that musically the Totems Kill the polks. If I play pure quartet classical, my Rainmakers will do a better job of imaging and separation than the Polks. But the Polks will impress more people not familiar with many different setups. Because they have more range than the T’s. Don’t get me wrong, I love the LSim’s, and they do a great job and are my mains, but it’s like having a 600hp corvette and a 600hp Ferrari. Both go fast, one does it with super style.
    2ch: PS Audio Stellar Gain pre, 4 x Linn LK240 monoblocks ( bi-amping) Elac Adante AF-61's, SVS SB16 Ultra Subwoofer, Cambridge Audio CXN v2, Rega Planar 2 with upgrades, Vincent PHO 701 Phono pre, Audioquest Niagara 1000, AQ Thunder, AQ XLR's and IC's, Wireworld Stratus and Aurora power cables, Atlas EOS power cable, Denon 2910 (as transport) Sony CPD355 Jukebox cd

5.1: Marantz sr5003 (feeding mains through HT bypass) Sonus Faber solo center, AQ Carbon HDMI's, Sony XBRx900E, Xbox One S as 4k player, Definitive Technology SM350's surrounds, Tivo Bolt, Harmony Elite remote

Other gear: Totem Rainmakers (not hooked up) Sonos play 5 and play 1's x 2, Audio Technica TT and Edifier active speakers in kids room, JVC XM448 minidisc rack mount, Sony minidisc walkman, Project Debut III (currently not working), Samsung 46, and 2 x32" tvs, Samsung Soundbar, Okki Nokki LP cleaner, Second Harmony remote setup for bedroom, etc etc
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 1,410
    I keep getting mail and flyers for the Hifi Buys but I am scared (for my wallet) to go down there and visit.
    Great guy, didn’t care if you were spending $500 or $50,000, would treat you the same.
    2ch: PS Audio Stellar Gain pre, 4 x Linn LK240 monoblocks ( bi-amping) Elac Adante AF-61's, SVS SB16 Ultra Subwoofer, Cambridge Audio CXN v2, Rega Planar 2 with upgrades, Vincent PHO 701 Phono pre, Audioquest Niagara 1000, AQ Thunder, AQ XLR's and IC's, Wireworld Stratus and Aurora power cables, Atlas EOS power cable, Denon 2910 (as transport) Sony CPD355 Jukebox cd

5.1: Marantz sr5003 (feeding mains through HT bypass) Sonus Faber solo center, AQ Carbon HDMI's, Sony XBRx900E, Xbox One S as 4k player, Definitive Technology SM350's surrounds, Tivo Bolt, Harmony Elite remote

Other gear: Totem Rainmakers (not hooked up) Sonos play 5 and play 1's x 2, Audio Technica TT and Edifier active speakers in kids room, JVC XM448 minidisc rack mount, Sony minidisc walkman, Project Debut III (currently not working), Samsung 46, and 2 x32" tvs, Samsung Soundbar, Okki Nokki LP cleaner, Second Harmony remote setup for bedroom, etc etc
2»