Playing "The Game"

2»

Comments

• DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,239
    I don't like that analogy because there are levels with a system that you reach that even poorly recorded music will still sound good. It takes a ton of work to get it there, but it can.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 19,921
    edited June 2018
    seems appropriate:

• Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,667
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    seems appropriate:

HAHAHAHAHA Or maybe this one from the same album:

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,374
    seems appropriate:

I was thinking about this song throughout reading the thread! :lol:
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 6,790
    Viking64 wrote: »
    seems appropriate:

HAHAHAHAHA Or maybe this one from the same album:

I've been crankin that song every time I hear it for 40 years or so. I just turned it up again! :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,916
    F1nut wrote: »
    And he did, he bit the dust.

Among other things...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

• Tony MTony M Posts: 6,790
    This is what I think of, not his private life.

Another One Bites the Dust
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigation
    Jump to search
    "Another One Bites the Dust"

Single by Queen
    from the album The Game
    B-side
    "Don't Try Suicide" (US)
    "Dragon Attack" (UK)
    Released
    Format
    7", 12", CD, MC
    Genre
    Funk rock[1][2]disco[3]
    Length
    3:35
    Label
    EMIElektra (US)Mute (UK)
    Songwriter(s)
    John Deacon
    Producer(s)
    QueenMack
    Queen singles chronology

"Play the Game"
    (1980)
    "Another One Bites The Dust"
    (1980)
    "Need Your Loving Tonight"
    (1980)
    "Another One Bites the Dust" is a 1980 song by British rock band Queen. Written by bass guitarist John Deacon, the song featured on the group's eighth studio album The Game (1980). The song was a worldwide hit, charting number one on the US Billboard Hot 100 for three weeks, from 4 October to 18 October (their second number-one single in the country). The song spent fifteen weeks in the Billboard top ten (the longest running top ten song of 1980), including thirteen weeks in the top five, and 31 weeks total on the chart (more than any other song in 1980). It reached number two on the Hot Soul Singles chart and the Disco Top 100 chart, and number seven on the UK Singles Chart.[4][5] The song is credited as Queen's best-selling single, with sales of over 7 million copies.[6] This version was ranked at number 34 on Billboard's All-Time Top Songs.[7]
    The song won an American Music Award for Favorite Rock Single and also garnered a Grammy Award nomination for Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal.[8][9]
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 5,207
    I think this thought is what resonated with me the most.
    mpitogo wrote: »
    But if you are only looking to reproduce artificially generated sounds do you really need to buy extremely expensive and purported very accurate gear. I also listen to electronic and have a very varied taste in music and to some extent I do agree.

• "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 30,378
    mpitogo wrote: »
    My two cents in an overly simplified version.

Why buy a Ferrari if the roads you are going to drive on suck, you are better off in a beater SUV.

I can relate, I also play piano and have played in a band and orchestra. Live music and the dynamics and acoustics of a room or a hall is hard to reproduce but its one of the aspects of what we strive. But if you are only looking to reproduce artificially generated sounds do you really need to buy extremely expensive and purported very accurate gear. I also listen to electronic and have a very varied taste in music and to some extent I do agree.

Isn't ALL recorded music artificial ? Even with live music, we all hear differently so our each individual measuring stick will vary.

Evolving ones system to best reproduce music, as per the individuals own measuring stick, is not a wasted journey.
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
    Boom. End Of Thread.
    F1nut wrote: »
    It doesn’t matter what types of music one enjoys, the fact remains that the better the gear, the better it sounds.

• "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 30,378
    bf9pwygs0isb.png
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
    That would actually probably sound really good for the electronic music I like. lol.

8yruugwctzn6.jpg
    mmmm sugary oat cereal
    Clipdat wrote: »
    mmmm sugary oat cereal

That was sort of a Lucky Charms knock-off. King Vitamin was a Cap'n Crunch knock-off which always had some of the coolest prizes of the 1970's. :p

qpg0g2huw960.jpg
  • pongshipongshi Posts: 372
    Audio equipment is objectively measurable. Just because our gear measures accurately, does not mean it always sounds better. There are always multiple components and multiple variations involved. There is a synergy involved in our musical systems. Not many put together a system for straight accuracy alone. It has to pass the ear test and that is totally subjective. If the music we like is not exactly as it was intended, so be it. We like what we like. Time to get off the high horse.
    Living Room
    Parasound Model 2250v2 amplifier
    Parasound P5 preamp
    Turntable 1 - Technics SL-1210Mk2 turntable with Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Turntable 2 - Dual 1229 turntable, Dual AS-12 45 RPM stacker, Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Schiit Mani Phono Preamp for Turntable 2
    Oppo UDP-205 CD/SACD USB and FLAC duties
    Technics RS-1500US reel to reel
    Polk SDA SRS (2nd Gen) fully modded
  • jdjohnjdjohn Posts: 519
    Kansas' version:

2»