I was thinking about this song throughout reading the thread! :lol:
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Viking64 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    seems appropriate:

HAHAHAHAHA Or maybe this one from the same album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

I've been crankin that song every time I hear it for 40 years or so. I just turned it up again! :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited June 2018
    And he did, he bit the dust.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    F1nut wrote: »
    And he did, he bit the dust.

Among other things...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    This is what I think of, not his private life.

Another One Bites the Dust
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigation
    Jump to search
    "Another One Bites the Dust"

Single by Queen
    from the album The Game
    B-side
    "Don't Try Suicide" (US)
    "Dragon Attack" (UK)
    Released
    Format
    7", 12", CD, MC
    Genre
    Funk rock[1][2]disco[3]
    Length
    3:35
    Label
    EMIElektra (US)Mute (UK)
    Songwriter(s)
    John Deacon
    Producer(s)
    QueenMack
    Queen singles chronology

"Play the Game"
    (1980)
    "Another One Bites The Dust"
    (1980)
    "Need Your Loving Tonight"
    (1980)
    "Another One Bites the Dust" is a 1980 song by British rock band Queen. Written by bass guitarist John Deacon, the song featured on the group's eighth studio album The Game (1980). The song was a worldwide hit, charting number one on the US Billboard Hot 100 for three weeks, from 4 October to 18 October (their second number-one single in the country). The song spent fifteen weeks in the Billboard top ten (the longest running top ten song of 1980), including thirteen weeks in the top five, and 31 weeks total on the chart (more than any other song in 1980). It reached number two on the Hot Soul Singles chart and the Disco Top 100 chart, and number seven on the UK Singles Chart.[4][5] The song is credited as Queen's best-selling single, with sales of over 7 million copies.[6] This version was ranked at number 34 on Billboard's All-Time Top Songs.[7]
    The song won an American Music Award for Favorite Rock Single and also garnered a Grammy Award nomination for Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal.[8][9]
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    I think this thought is what resonated with me the most.
    mpitogo wrote: »
    But if you are only looking to reproduce artificially generated sounds do you really need to buy extremely expensive and purported very accurate gear. I also listen to electronic and have a very varied taste in music and to some extent I do agree.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    mpitogo wrote: »
    My two cents in an overly simplified version.

Why buy a Ferrari if the roads you are going to drive on suck, you are better off in a beater SUV.

I can relate, I also play piano and have played in a band and orchestra. Live music and the dynamics and acoustics of a room or a hall is hard to reproduce but its one of the aspects of what we strive. But if you are only looking to reproduce artificially generated sounds do you really need to buy extremely expensive and purported very accurate gear. I also listen to electronic and have a very varied taste in music and to some extent I do agree.

Isn't ALL recorded music artificial ? Even with live music, we all hear differently so our each individual measuring stick will vary.

Evolving ones system to best reproduce music, as per the individuals own measuring stick, is not a wasted journey.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    It doesn’t matter what types of music one enjoys, the fact remains that the better the gear, the better it sounds.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Boom. End Of Thread.
    F1nut wrote: »
    It doesn’t matter what types of music one enjoys, the fact remains that the better the gear, the better it sounds.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    bf9pwygs0isb.png
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Clipdat
    That would actually probably sound really good for the electronic music I like. lol.
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

• Clipdat
    mmmm sugary oat cereal
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Clipdat wrote: »
    mmmm sugary oat cereal

That was sort of a Lucky Charms knock-off. King Vitamin was a Cap'n Crunch knock-off which always had some of the coolest prizes of the 1970's. :p

qpg0g2huw960.jpg
  • pongshi
    pongshi Posts: 376
    Audio equipment is objectively measurable. Just because our gear measures accurately, does not mean it always sounds better. There are always multiple components and multiple variations involved. There is a synergy involved in our musical systems. Not many put together a system for straight accuracy alone. It has to pass the ear test and that is totally subjective. If the music we like is not exactly as it was intended, so be it. We like what we like. Time to get off the high horse.
    Living Room
    Parasound Model 2250v2 amplifier
    Parasound P5 preamp
    Turntable 1 - Technics SL-1210Mk2 turntable with Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Turntable 2 - Dual 1229 turntable, Dual AS-12 45 RPM stacker, Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Schiit Mani Phono Preamp for Turntable 2
    Oppo UDP-205 CD/SACD USB and FLAC duties
    Technics RS-1500US reel to reel
    Polk SDA SRS (2nd Gen) fully modded
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon