Marvel/Disney Has a problem

2»

Comments

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    The bigger they are, the more they think they can get away with crap and the bigger their arrogance is. Big corporations think like this all the time. Until you hit them in their wallet, they will keep on putting out an inferior products.

Even though I have an Oppo, I'm seriously considering continuing to get regular DVDs rather than BR. It will save me some money and possible disappointment.

Do you think it's just the 4k discs or is the poor quality with regular BRs as well.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    edited June 2018
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Do you think it's just the 4k discs or is the poor quality with regular BRs as well.
    Cathy, both Black Panther and Thor 3 that I bought were on regular Blu-ray. And both were bad as far as sound. Black Panther being the worst of the two.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I have no desire to see either one anyway, especially Black Panther, so no worries for me.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    cfrizz wrote: »
    The bigger they are, the more they think they can get away with crap and the bigger their arrogance is. Big corporations think like this all the time. Until you hit them in their wallet, they will keep on putting out an inferior products.

Even though I have an Oppo, I'm seriously considering continuing to get regular DVDs rather than BR. It will save me some money and possible disappointment.

You hit the nail right on the head @cfrizz
    I got the 4K set, because it includes the regular Blu-ray of both movies. I didn't notice an issue with Thor, but Black Panther I had to turn up the volume way past what I normally listen at in order to get any dynamics or bass.
    I haven't watched the 4K because I don't have a 4K display device yet, but the upgrade continues s l o w l y. I watched both on my new UDP-205.
  • NeilP830
    NeilP830 Posts: 1
    It's sad when the TDK 4K trilogy's DTS-HD Master Audio tracks sound better than any of the Disney MCU 4K releases with Dolby Atmos :/
    I hope Infinity War is a better release.