Volti Vittora

kharp1
kharp1 Posts: 3,453
edited May 2018 in Speakers
Was discussing the Volti room with a fellow Polkie and wanted to know what folks think about them? Anyone heard them outside of LSAF? I can't get them out of my head. Was one of the sweetest sounds I've heard in some time.

http://voltiaudio.com

Comments

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    This was actually my favorite room at LSAF
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I think he needs to get them out of his head then. Unless he's like Joey. ;)B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • kharp1
    They're $25 including one of the extended bass cabinets. You have to provide your own amp for it, but, they have several on their website at supposedly the best prices you can find new. That's another $4-5k. So, you're looking at $30k.

But, they sounded so freakin' good.

He makes a smaller model that sells for just under $10k, however, veneers can add $3500.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 wrote: »
    They're $25 including one of the extended bass cabinets. You have to provide your own amp for it, but, they have several on their website at supposedly the best prices you can find new. That's another $4-5k. So, you're looking at $30k.

But, they sounded so freakin' good.

He makes a smaller model that sells for just under $10k, however, veneers can add $3500.

All
    Tony M wrote: »
    I think he needs to get them out of his head then. Unless he's like Joey. ;)B)

All I have to do is sell the Siena's and come up with another few grand...just want to make sure before I purchase another higher dollar system...don't want to tie that much money up unless I know 1000% that it's what I want.
  • Tony M
    edited May 2018
    I'm sorry. :#

I have now looked at your Signature systems also. WOW ... :o

I should pay a whole lot more to members Signatures. I'm surprised I haven't already! :s

You are up in Joey's realm or vice-versa.

I've learned a lot tonight!

I need to PAY ATTENTION to facts that are right in front of my eyes!

Members Signatures when they're listed, will tell me where I am on this Audio journey compared to you guys and gals. :(

I should also study our paper currency portraits a bit. ;)
  • kharp1
    I'm sorry. :#

Don't do it...there's things in there we aren't supposed to know!!

I'm not in Joey's league, but, being single I will spend a little to get the right system without taking away from the kids or wife...and, no WAF EVER!

• Tony M
    That's funny! :D:D I know about the pyramid more than I know about the people. SAD. :D

Yes..Being single does have its advantages, doesn't it? ;):)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I liked 'em Kerry, though I didn't spend as much time in that room as I could have. A tad steep price wise, which is probably why I didn't.

Here's the thing, for me anyway.

I've learned many moons ago that the higher up you go in audio, the more it costs for bigger jumps in sound quality. Tens of thousands more.....and even then sometimes the jumps don't seem as big as the coin dictates it should.

You have to set yourself some limits, otherwise this hobby can eat you alive and your wallet too. There will always be something better around the corner. Trick is, getting to a place that your satisfied with sound wise, and money wise. The sound quality will stay, but you'll never recoup that coin spent.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    It could be that those Volti just fit my sound profile perfectly, but sitting in that room going through his playlist which had quite a variety of music that is reasonably close to mine was amazing.

I spent about 4 hours in there total between two sessions on Saturday and one on Sunday, and honestly it's the best audio experience I've ever had. The only other session I can remember leaving such an impression was when I was introduced to high end audio on some B&W Nautilus speakers like 20 years ago.

If I had the room for those and was reasonably close on the financials I'd find a way to make it work.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    I love the aesthetics of them but only got to hear them in passing and not in any critical capacity.

They remind me of the JBL Paragon or some of the classic Klipsch designs in their aesthetic and that along is enough to have me wanting em.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    If you’re going to invest that much money I wouldn’t recommend taking a trip down there to get your ears on them
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • kharp1
    edited May 2018
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    If you’re going to invest that much money I wouldn’t recommend taking a trip down there to get your ears on them

Definitely! I also think I can get a set of Klipsch Horns, or La Scala, and upgrade and get very close for much less.
  • kharp1
    edited May 2018
    That is the plan. I'm not hating on the Siena...I remember the magical mids and top end of the Fiesole and want to see what they can do. Would you mind turning your 18x20 room in to a 12x12 so I can get an idea of how they'll sound in my room?

I'm not spending $30k on a set of horns. I might would look, and listen, to one of his other speakers, or, get a pair of Klipsch on the cheap and upgrade. At least with the horns they're designed to sit next to the wall in a corner.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Whoa whoa whoa... I thought Kerry you were set on the Sienas??

Why the sudden change of heart?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    edited May 2018
    I would be very very careful about a high dollar purchase, make sure to listen to it and analyze it. Moving speakers in this category is not easy unless you want to take a bath. I have not had any problems thus far because I buy mainstream gear.

Go off the beaten path and tread lightly... I don't mind spending the money if I know I'm keeping them.

I have not had the itch to upgrade since I bought my main speakers > 2 years ago. Are there better units? Of course, I've heard many. But as Tony said, at some point, a line in the sand has to be drawn.

No matter how deep the pockets. Everyone has a limit in either the dedication to the hobby or the pocketbook.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • kharp1
    Good advice, Joey. My thought is I want to go to their showroom and hear them again, see what their other speakers do for me. If I still love them I'd look for a pair on the secondary market, or, buy Klipsch and modify.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm not hating on the Siena's at all, but, there are some limitations to my rooms available for use, and, something like the Volti, that's designed to abut the front wall, may be easier to work with.

I may get down there and realize they're not for me, who knows. The Volti room was the one that impressed me the most this year.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    there are some limitations to my rooms available for use, and, something like the Volti, that's designed to abut the front wall, may be easier to work with

Curious minds want to know . . .

Siena
    How far away from the front wall are yours?
    I've always loved the fact SDAs can (and should) be pushed up right to the wall . . .
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • kharp1
    GlennDog wrote: »
    there are some limitations to my rooms available for use, and, something like the Volti, that's designed to abut the front wall, may be easier to work with

Curious minds want to know . . .

Siena
    How far away from the front wall are yours?
    I've always loved the fact SDAs can (and should) be pushed up right to the wall . . .

You'll have to ask Skip...I haven't received them yet. I rented a van to go pick them up, got there and knocked on the door and someone kept saying "we're not home." I know it was him.
  • kharp1
    Honestly, I'd want them at least 2.5 feet off the front wall to start, maybe 3, and work from there.
  • Joey_V
    Is your room 12x12?
  • kharp1
    The one I'm in now is, using stand mounts and a sub so I can control it a little better. Moving to a 12 x 18
  • Joey_V
    edited May 2018
    18ft sounds better. Still a little tight with a speaker the size of the Siena, but per the dimensions it is only 17” deep so at 3 feet you can sit about 11 feet from front baffle to ear with 2 feet of rear space. You’ll definitely need acoustic treatments.

With the 12 foot room, I would not see how a speaker that size with drivers that spread apart would become coherent at 6 feet from ear to baffle.
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    I had my Siena about 37 inches from the back wall and about 108 inches apart. I never liked to toe in my speakers much, so the outside corners of the speakers were about an inch shifted forward in relation to the inside corners.

Every room and the speakers you put into them varies. The design of speakers, time alignment, etc makes a general rule for distance moot.

Halen
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251

Who uses paper money? :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • halen
    BlueFox wrote: »

Speaking of. I will be in SF area end of July. Would love to experience them Magico’s and lots a drinks!! And grilled oysters. Haha.
  • Tony M
    Good Point!! :#

Paper Money is becoming obsolete. My step-daughter stopped using it like 12 years ago. ;)

I still use it though. But I'm definitely OLD FASHIONED. :)
  • halen
    Don’t know about you but. Last time I held a benjamin in hand it felt a hella better than a plastic card.

But I doubt you know what that feels like. Obsolete
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I get a
    halen wrote: »

Speaking of. I will be in SF area end of July. Would love to experience them Magico’s and lots a drinks!! And grilled oysters. Haha.

Sure. PM me. Don’t know about the oysters. There is a McDonalds nearby for a Fish Filet. :)

I get a little P.O.ed when people show up for poker with 50s and 100s. I feel like cashing them out with coins. LOL.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Tony M
    I'm glad I had a bunch of Benjamins last sat. for sure! B)
  • halen
    edited May 2018
    I get a
    halen wrote: »

Sure. PM me. Don’t know about the oysters. There is a McDonalds nearby for a Fish Filet. :)

I get a little P.O.ed when people show up for poker with 50s and 100s. I feel like cashing them out with coins. LOL.

Ha. Don’t you know Mickey D has the best fries!! Hahaha

Likely fly in Friday. Uber everywhere. Airbnb a place. Should be free Saturday. I play cards. Only one hand. All or nothing. Life in the fast lane.

But audio and beer. I could have a few.

Will get in touch.

Cheers.