speaker baffles

i'm new to the car audio. i bought some boom mate speaker baffles 6.5 and 6*9 they helped with the cheaper after marked speakers i had but i just upgraded to pioneers a series 6.5 and 6*9 and idk if i'm starving them for air should i keep using them or take them off. i have a 05 toyota corolla and the speakers are running 100 watt each

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Most car speakers are designed to be in an IB configuration. Remove the baffles and deaden the panels. I can also guarantee you aren't using all 400 watts as you suggest.
  • littleasome14
    littleasome14 Posts: 8
    edited May 2018
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Most car speakers are designed to be in an IB configuration. Remove the baffles and deaden the panels. I can also guarantee you aren't using all 400 watts as you suggest.

true im using more or less because 400 watts is the rms on the amp its 800 watt maxs. also thanks ill cut the back of them at least the front i still need them my window seals aren't working well.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Yeah, that's not how amps work... :| Most likely you're using a total of about 10-20w at even elevated listening levels.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    For me, even at the highest of listening levels, I rarely put out more than 5 Watts. (Based on calculations done judging by SPL, room size, etc.) My amp i should rated at 300, but it doesn’t only put out 300. It depends on the volume. I don’t know what the efficiency of your speakers are but assuming it is 90 dB/1w/1m then you would rarely use more than a watt.
  • mlistens03 wrote: »
    For me, even at the highest of listening levels, I rarely put out more than 5 Watts. (Based on calculations done judging by SPL, room size, etc.) My amp i should rated at 300, but it doesn’t only put out 300. It depends on the volume. I don’t know what the efficiency of your speakers are but assuming it is 90 dB/1w/1m then you would rarely use more than a watt.

okay and its 93dB 1w/1m for the 6*9 and 91dB 1w/1m for the 6.5