Anyone on here do iRacing?

Milito
Milito Posts: 1,907
edited May 2018 in Video Games
I've been on iRacing since the fall of 2010.

My rig.qw09n3t1wzp7.jpg
Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Hah! I was just asking Jesse about this not long ago.

I'm above average at Forza Motorsport (not Horizon, the simcade), and I have Project Cars and Asseto Corsa but I haven't played iRacing.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Milito
    Thanks Nightfall, btw I'm 67, there are a lot of old guys on iRacing.

There's a lot of help available on the iRacing forums for anyone new at it.

There is NASCAR and Road Racing available.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    I’ve been doing Assetto Corsa and Project Cars 2, have not ye graduated to iRacing. I play those primarily because of VR support, if you haven’t tried it there’s nothing quite like racing in VR...it’s amazing
  • Milito
    iRacing has VR support, a lot of people are using VR there. I had tried it on a friend's rig, however I'm waiting for the resolution to improve along with other improvements.

The competition in iRacing is very good. Some of the real life pro drivers race there, more so in their off season. I once raced a former F1 driver there in a road race. He got 3rd and I was 4th in a very close race.

They have a Pro division in both the NASCAR side and the F1 side and the winner of each gets either $10,000 or $15,000 each season. You have to be very good to make the Pro ranks.

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    edited May 2018
    Seems cool, but probably way too difficult for my tastes. I did thoroughly enjoy racing in Gran Turismo 5 online against other players on my PS3 for a while. Using an actual wheel and pedals is a lot of fun, even with a cheap Logitech.
  • Milito
    edited October 2018
    Championship GP Series | Round 1 at Interlagos video

These are the top drivers in iRacing on the road side. Graphics aren't great in this video.

https://youtu.be/iqyzbnPYTn0