How high on the wall and big balls?

afterburntafterburnt Posts: 5,814
edited May 2018 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
I have this weird shaped room, low in the front high in the back. How high on the wall should I go for first reflection point and then how high on the back wall that is like 16 feet high. Regarding big balls. I got the notion from the big balls of various sizes in the Hollywood Bowl band shell (no idea if they are still there, haven't been there since the 80's) I am thinking that I need to diffuse the reflections in this oblique angle up at the ceiling besides I want to paint some globes like planents, Ormicron 6 comes to mind. Anyway I can get big styrofoam balls but I think that balls of brass would be better. I love this recreational grass in California, I don't use ir but it makes me look normal.

Comments

• Tony MTony M Posts: 8,358
    Keep it up and after you get the sound traps right and your balls hanging, you'll need to get a 4' black light like I have for those super special occasions. B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 5,814
    3 bedroom man cave, gonna hang a urinal next to the coffee table. Oh yeah there will be a potato masher chained to it.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,358
    edited May 2018
    What's the potato masher for? :#
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 23,454
    big balls? Biggest ones I know of are concrete, on the Ledyard bridge connecting Hanover NH and Norwich VT.

9ynl24cmrsxh.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ledyard_Bridge
  • verbverb Posts: 8,009
    I would really get those big balls looked at. Especially, if, ahem, one is hanging much lower than the other. :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 23,454
    Symmetry is highly overrated.