Yamaha amplifiers

2»

Comments

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    I almost bought a Nakamichi integrated a while back, but I didn’t know what Nakamichi was at the time, so I passed. It sounded really good though, and it was hooked up to a pair of speakers I also had never seen before, and I didn’t my inquire what they were for some reason. I remembered them having awesome sound stage, and they were really small. When I joined the forum I found out what they were: SDA CRS speakers, not sure which version. They were incredible! (To my untrained ear anyway)
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited May 2018
    I know we've gotten into Nakamichi's versus Yamahas but I have owned both and still do.

The old "Stasis" Nak's sound GREAT. I've owned 2 of them. Not the huge ones, just the affordable ones. My newer Nak. AC-10 puts out some GREAT power and sound too. But there is a little button that shorts when pushed. The tone button! Pics. are from the web.
    7y1nr4gwm696.png
    liee8txq5lm4.png
    k2umb9mcyuq4.png

I should gather all my newer Yamaha receivers together for a "total" picture count. Only one has a dim display issue. The rest play like new still.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    That's not original Nak gear. That was produced after they were bought out. Not the same at all as the "Original" Nakamichi gear from the 70's thru the mid 90's.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • I wouldn't give up my Yammy amps. I always thought they were a very neutral amplifier. I like to let my speakers and source material do the talking.
  • Oh, and did I mention they go to 11?
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I said AC-10. I meant RE-10. Just a model correction. That's all. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Yamaha = boring to me. The "M" amps were pretty over-hyped then, and still are, IMO. So were the pre's that went with them. I'd take a Nak CA-5 over a Yam C-70 any day.

Natural Sound = lifeless and boring.

I never connected with any Yammy stuff. Sold it for years because that's what people wanted back in the day. A sales commission is a sales commission, but personally I preferred Nakamichi, Luxman and Adcom of the day.

Just my .02c since you asked

H9

Shut up Brock
  • mn_polk_guy
    mn_polk_guy Posts: 102
    Current set up
    Monitor 4.6, 5jr, 5, 7, 10, 11. RTA 8TL. RTA 11T. SDA 2B.
  • mn_polk_guy
    mn_polk_guy Posts: 102
    My camera on the phone is blurry. But im currently running the m70 and c70. With the sdas the sub is a kef 10 inch. The mx630 and nad 1130 are on the left sda
    Monitor 4.6, 5jr, 5, 7, 10, 11. RTA 8TL. RTA 11T. SDA 2B.