I gots some heavy NADs

Just fell into a deal for a "broken" 2200 for $50. Got it home, pulled the lid, verified there was a missing fuse (replaced it) and tapped on the offending channel's output relay.

Viola!! I gots tunage. :D I'm gonna replace the pair of them since that's the prudent thing to do and it'll become the power component in the garage rig. Should be perfect for the Monitor 10s.

There's also a shop close by that will let me audition a Marantz receiver for a week or 2. I'm thinking it'll make a better pre than the yammy I have in place now. They also have a Sony 3000 ES I've been eyeballing.

Decisions...

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Just fell into a deal for a "broken" 2200 for $50. Got it home, pulled the lid, verified there was a missing fuse (replaced it) and tapped on the offending channel's output relay.

Viola!! I gots tunage. :D I'm gonna replace the pair of them since that's the prudent thing to do and it'll become the power component in the garage rig. Should be perfect for the Monitor 10s.

There's also a shop close by that will let me audition a Marantz receiver for a week or 2. I'm thinking it'll make a better pre than the yammy I have in place now. They also have a Sony 3000 ES I've been eyeballing.

Decisions...

Nice! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    I'm glad there were no photos on this thread.

ps.
    FB? up yours, you lucky sob
    I disabled signatures.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    edited April 2018
    msg wrote: »
    I'm glad there were no photos on this thread.

ps.
    FB? up yours, you lucky sob

I'm happy to show my NADs undercarriage. It's nice and clean ;)

I see what you did there :D
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    I’ll play. On your NAD, was it the left or right that had the issue? :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Saw that ad on CL. Tempting, but I have neither the skill nor time to fix stuff. Glad it worked out for you.
  • DaveHo
    Oh, and I'd say you have big NADS to take the chance.
  • Moss_Man
    Moss_Man Posts: 28
    Nice! Will the store allow you to borrow the Sony ES too?
  • FestYboy
    verb wrote: »
    I’ll play. On your NAD, was it the left or right that had the issue? :smile:

Twas the right.
  • FestYboy
    Moss_Man wrote: »

Possibly, he's a professed 2 channel-aholic, so not too interested in any of the surround pieces he has in store. I want to get my Onkyo repaired and back in HT duty, so if I were to get the 3k ES, it would likely be tossed into the living room rig for 2 channel work. Then again, it might be a good starter amp for a HT pre pro running as the surround/Atmos amp.

More decisions...
  • Moss_Man
    Moss_Man Posts: 28
    edited April 2018
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Moss_Man wrote: »

Possibly, he's a professed 2 channel-aholic, so not too interested in any of the surround pieces he has in store. I want to get my Onkyo repaired and back in HT duty, so if I were to get the 3k ES, it would likely be tossed into the living room rig for 2 channel work. Then again, it might be a good starter amp for a HT pre pro running as the surround/Atmos amp.

More decisions...

You're right. There was a shop here that closed recently. The owner is also a serious 2ch guy. His multi channel receivers were bargains. The Sony ES are very good sounding. Good luck with your audition!
  • FestYboy
    Ok, so I've been binging again... On the power side of the equation this time. Picked up the Adcom GFA 545 from the market here and then have been trolling the 'Bay for some more NADs (you can never have enough) and picked up a Sonance 260x3 to play with...

Anywho, the real reason for the update is tonight I received a package! And there was a NAD in the package! And something else...
    i4t0njlh9ayp.jpg
    edv2erg0hgx7.jpg
    Looks like a holiday themed audiophile grade towel. Score!
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Can't beat that! Lol
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Nice AMP for sure!!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Gotta love all the peanuts, gotta be happy with the towel ;)

Ever received ported speakers with packing peanuts....grrrrr....don't do that, it'll PissUoff

Have fun
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • 11tsteve
    11tsteve Posts: 1,166
    peanuts should be outlawed.There are approximately 1,000,000 better choices.
    Polk Lsi9
    N.E.W. A-20 class A 20W
    NAD 1020 completely refurbished
    Keces DA-131 mk.II
    Analysis Plus Copper Oval, Douglass, Morrow SUB3, Huffman Digital
    Paradigm DSP-3100 v.2
  • DaveHo
    That's classier than the set of bed sheets I once received as packing for an amp. Nice scroe!
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    So what do you think od the amp so far?
  • FestYboy
    Still trying to figure out where to put it...

And another package arrived today: this time a non working NAD 7175PE.... Got it for nearly pennies ($2.02)! Pulled the cover and found a blown fuse at the power switch. So, while we went for dinner, I stopped and grabbed some fuses. Will report back when I get home.
  • Tony M
    good luck!!! ;):p
  • FestYboy
    Well, BUST! Blew the new fuse as soon as I hit the power button. No visible signs of damage/burns or obvious shorts. Time to break out the service manual. She'll live again.
  • Tony M
    :s:(
  • FestYboy
    Still no update on the 7175, BUT, I got another 2400PE today with a bad channel.... Or so I was told.

:D the biznich works perfectly!!!! And for a song to boot. Not quite the deal like the 7175, but still, I'll take it.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    You are addicted to NAD!
  • FestYboy
    Step one... Lol
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    I have that 2400 THX Great amp.