Weird impedance 3.1 TL

So I got my drivers in the mail today and got around to installing them in one cabinet today and the impedance I’m getting at the input is 4.9 ohms. When I attach the interconnect cable is this going to come up a bit? Or do I to need go in and look for a problem? I assumed the impedance would be a bit closer to 8 ohms. BTW these are new to me and I’m in the process of installing the correct drivers.

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,664
    You are measuring the resistance not the nominal impedance.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Andohaspolk
    Andohaspolk Posts: 18
    Ok thanks! Will report back tomorrow when I assemble the other cab.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Yes, in almost all cases, DC resistance will be lower than advertised impedance.
  • Andohaspolk
    Andohaspolk Posts: 18
    Well I’m off to get screws to install the drivers in the other cab, also picking up an audio source amp 3 in mint condition for 75 bucks. I know it’s not the greatest of amps, but it’s local and it’ll get me up and running today!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    Well I’m off to get screws to install the drivers in the other cab, also picking up an audio source amp 3 in mint condition for 75 bucks. I know it’s not the greatest of amps, but it’s local and it’ll get me up and running today!

I just read a review of that amp. You got a deal! ;):p

Enjoy. B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.