Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

Comments

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,756
    And he'd probably let you have it since you're so charming. You'd have enough money left over to send it off to Big Sky Audio for upgrades.
    Tony M wrote: »
    Make an offer...huh....100.00. That's all I have... :D:p

What the hell? Only $100 for a vintage Marantz, bookshelf speakers, and cable to hook them up? https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/d/marantz-1060b-int-amp-pioneer/6574683220.html

00S0S_fg8RUY3yXYC_1200x900.jpg
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,936
    I don't charm well. People look at me FUNNY when I ask for discounts in person.

SERIOUSLY! :#

I guess they look at me and think, "yea, he's got money". And I usually don't! :/
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • WLDockWLDock Posts: 2,710
    edited April 2018
    Great prices on Boston Acoustics Lynnfield VR Series stuff. Cheap way to put together a kick **** HT / Music system on the cheap for folks in the Seattle, WA area.

VR920 - $60 - https://offerup.com/item/detail/465363052/

VR970 - $160 - https://offerup.com/item/detail/465383079/
    https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ele/d/boston-acoustics-vr-970-pair/6570818606.html

VR940 - $25 each - https://offerup.com/item/detail/465358721/
    https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ele/d/boston-acoustics-vreach/6570791014.html

VR970, VR12, Velodyne F-1500 R 15" - $400 - https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/ele/d/boston-acoustic-vr970s-vr12/6572573278.html

I just picked up some VR960s & VR920 myself for cheap to play with. Nice speakers. I ran their Pro Series speakers in my car for years but never the home stuff. I wanted the VR stuff when it came out in the late 90's but I couldn't t afford them and the car audio stuff. Now. I'm finally getting my chance.
    FAMILY ROOM
    HDTV - Sharp AQUOS LC-70LE600U 70" | AVR/Streamer - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Amp - Parasound HCA-1203A
    Blu-Ray/Media/Gaming - Sony PS3-320GB / Microsoft Xbox One | Broadcast - Xfinity X1 Platform
    Front Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Center Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Rear Spkrs - Artison Portrait LRS
    Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Dayton Audio SA1000
    Wire - Audioquest Type 4, BJC Belden 5000 | HDMI - BJC Belden | Power Cables - Pangea | Surge - Monster
  • krazypolkkrazypolk Posts: 692
    Clipdat wrote: »
    And he'd probably let you have it since you're so charming. You'd have enough money left over to send it off to Big Sky Audio for upgrades.
    Make an offer...huh....100.00. That's all I have... :D:p

I've heard of that repair place, they seem to have quite a following. Has anyone here have personal experience with them? Are their prices reasonable or do you have to give them a blank check?
  • scubalabscubalab Posts: 2,903
    WLDock wrote: »
    Great prices on Boston Acoustics Lynnfield VR Series stuff. Cheap way to put together a kick **** HT / Music system on the cheap for folks in the Seattle, WA area.

VR920 - $60 - https://offerup.com/item/detail/465363052/
    VR970 - $160 - https://offerup.com/item/detail/465383079/
    VR940 - $25 each - https://offerup.com/item/detail/465358721/

I just picked up some VR960s & VR920 myself for cheap to play with. Nice speakers. I ran their Pro Series speakers in my car for years but never the home stuff. I wanted the VR stuff when it came out in the late 90's but I couldn't t afford them and the car audio stuff. Now. I'm finally getting my chance.

$60 for that center is a no brainer. It is truly a beast of a center. I ran one in my HT and it was one of the best centers I've ever had.

The prices here would get someone a VERY nice surround setup.
    I don't have first hand experience with them, but others on the forum do.

They have some prices listed on their website, but it adds up quickly when you factor in that you'll be paying to ship the amp there and back.
    krazypolk wrote: »
    I've heard of that repair place, they seem to have quite a following. Has anyone here have personal experience with them? Are their prices reasonable or do you have to give them a blank check?

Nice Onkyo integrated with Elac bookshelf speakers - $210 (why and $10?)

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ele/d/onkyo-9010-stereo-amp-elac-b6/6571715979.html

00k0k_jPj44jyK6A9_1200x900.jpg

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,724
    Airplay355 wrote: »

Wish I was near you and I had the money, but there is more important equipment needed as of right now.
    signature is in the spoiler window :)
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    Martin Logan LX16s, NAD 1155 preamp and 4155 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 CD player and Audio Technica cartridge courtesy of Drew/Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 8,704
    ^ Yeah, that's a smoking deal for those LSi's.
  • JayCeeJayCee Posts: 816
    edited April 2018
    I don't have first hand experience with them, but others on the forum do.

They have some prices listed on their website, but it adds up quickly when you factor in that you'll be paying to ship the amp there and back.
    krazypolk wrote: »
    @krazypolk
    I do and have actually visited his shop...my comments from a while back:
    http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/2108193#Comment_2108193

Still using both Parasounds but have moved up to a PS Audio DirectStream DAC and MIT S1 interconnects/cables since my previous post. The PSA DSD and 1500A are a great combo. Listening as I type and they make sweet music.

Google is your friend:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=polk+audio+big+sky+audio+site:forum.polkaudio.com
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: Core Power Technologies Deep Core, EQUI=CORE 1800 Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends FLAC Streamer: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • verbverb Posts: 9,989
    @Clipdat what's up with all those deals in your area? Prepping for the big one? :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    OMG @Tony M, your two Polk towers and a Kenwood is down to only $20 now!

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/d/speakers-polk-audio-and/6568246469.html

01010_3gFFlWxqkA7_1200x900.jpg

00h0h_7bBc6ehWkmK_1200x900.jpg

Go get em dude! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    I just booked a flight. :D

You'll need a cargo plane :smile:
    edited April 2018
    I would!

I'd stay around SF for a month ( I'd rent a storage unit and live in it! till it was full)and clean up on all those deals happening over there. ;)

After the unit was full, I'd call the movers in to transfer to the cargo plane. :D

What are the model numbers for this package, does anybody know?
  • Airplay355Airplay355 Posts: 4,294
    edited April 2018
    Looks like Lsi9, LsiFX and an LsiC...Not sure about the sub but who cares, I'd just resell that if I got the package anyway. I actually live in SC so Hartford is too far away for me :)
  • Airplay355Airplay355 Posts: 4,294
    The ad has since been edited. Here are models...

Models-
    LSi9(x2), PSW404, LSif/x (x2),LSiC
    verb wrote: »

You'll need a cargo plane :smile:

You could keep it to store your stuff back home :tongue:
    Martin Logan LX16s, NAD 1155 preamp and 4155 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 CD player and Audio Technica cartridge courtesy of Drew/Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    I also thought about getting a shipping container. Really! :#
    Again, I don't have the room to do them justice.

• mrbironmrbiron Posts: 5,261
    The ad has since been edited. Here are models...

Models-
    LSi9(x2), PSW404, LSif/x (x2),LSiC

Only an hour away...
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Zu Mission sC’s

Collecting Dust - Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball, Senn's MD HD600
    That's a great price. Do it!
    OMG @Tony M, your two Polk towers and a Kenwood is down to only $20 now!

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/d/speakers-polk-audio-and/6568246469.html

01010_3gFFlWxqkA7_1200x900.jpg

00h0h_7bBc6ehWkmK_1200x900.jpg

There's been some good deals coming out of California as of late.
  • scubalabscubalab Posts: 2,903

I talked via text to the seller this afternoon. He’s supposed to be holding them for me. I have a buddy up that way going to pick them up this week or next. Hopefully he doesn’t sell them from under us... he seems like a good guy. Yes, they are 9s, FXs, a C, and a PSW404. My buddy might keep the ones I don’t need.
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 8,704
    LSi/FX are worth more themselves than the whole package price. 9’s themselves are worth that much. Steal of the draft
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 17,059
    scubalab wrote: »

I talked via text to the seller this afternoon. He’s supposed to be holding them for me. I have a buddy up that way going to pick them up this week or next. Hopefully he doesn’t sell them from under us... he seems like a good guy. Yes, they are 9s, FXs, a C, and a PSW404. My buddy might keep the ones I don’t need.

HOLY HANDBASKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    dromunds wrote: »
    LSi/FX are worth more themselves than the whole package price. 9’s themselves are worth that much. Steal of the draft

Wait so if I read your post correctly FXs are worth more than 9s? But I thought the 9s were better.