Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

Options

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    The Mitsubishi is the sleeper of that bunch

Thats the one I meant lol... DOH!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,598
    Options
    Nice and beefy looking Polk Audio Monitor 70 Series II towers. These things look like they could really crank! $200

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ele/d/polk-audio-monitor-70-series/6561980019.html

00808_8rmtY4D8RG_1200x900.jpg
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Two unknown Polk towers and a basic receiver for $50 seems like a nice deal:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/d/speakers-polk-audio-and/6561519680.html

01010_3gFFlWxqkA7_1200x900.jpg
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    edited April 2018
    Options
    RT3000P's B)
    With the grills off and extra tops.
    5li4h3kaaxgb.jpg

They would be in my cottage already!!! Damn west coast. :(

Yep, SF area is dumping stereo stuff!

RUN ... maybe. If the amps work!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Great price if legit? Three feedback as buyer from Malaysia. I want to bid but not risking two or more bills. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    Options
    How does the all the crap in that room not rattle itself off the shelves? Imagine having to dust in there?
  • Tony M
    Options
    Crap falls off shelves. What I have isn't crap and those things are well placed.

Funny how my house gets 100 times dustier than that cottage's front room. I live in my house and visit the cottage once in a while but I'm getting out there more often again.

Maybe the dust gets shaken or blasted to the floor once in a while. And you're not even seeing the BIG system on one of the other walls. The 4th system isn't too bad either.

Maybe all my things collect the little bit of dust from ever hitting the shelves or tables.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    It's acoustic dust, don't disturb it.
  • Tony M
    Options
    It's strategically placed by the Gods too. o:)
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    Options
    Sorry, I use crap and stuff/things interchangeably. I didn't mean to imply that your stuff is crappy but that didn't sound good and I apologize.

I've been chasing rattle gremlins and pounds of dust/pollen that seem to appear from thin air in my own theater lately so that was just my first thought. Maybe I need to turn my own system up and blast the dust off. What I'm doing is definitely not doing a thing.
  • Tony M
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Airplay355 wrote: »
    Sorry, I use crap and stuff/things interchangeably. I didn't mean to imply that your stuff is crappy but that didn't sound good and I apologize.

I've been chasing rattle gremlins and pounds of dust/pollen that seem to appear from thin air in my own theater lately so that was just my first thought. Maybe I need to turn my own system up and blast the dust off. What I'm doing is definitely not doing a thing.

No problem!
    Here's a better pic. of that wall. It's not too bad, I don't think.
    3xooeelfxhk2.png

I know I'm a collector of MANY THINGS in a lot of categories. I got it from my mom. I have a little 7"Godzilla still in the display sitting up on a shelf above the door that alot of guys have made comments about wanting to buy it.

I used to go to the local goodwills every weekend. I would useually find something I liked at a steal of a deal. That oriental Samuri helmet above the TV was one of those finds for sure. It's an antique from a whole collection of real Samuri clan designs.

look to the left and you'll see a box with goat teeth smile. Somebody told me they were goat teeth. Salvation Army.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Menomonee Falls! My old stomping grounds!
    tonyb wrote: »

• tonyb
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Menomonee Falls! My old stomping grounds!

Used to go rafting on the Wolf all the time. Fun times for sure.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Clipdat
    Options
    I'm about to head back to WI in May for 10 days and I'd love to pick up those towers and hook them up to a small integrated, to try to get my dad back into music/hifi. To thank him for how he was responsible for me being exposed to nice gear when I was growing up courtesy of the Onkyo Integra integrated he had hooked up to Snell bookies.

Unfortunately he spent too many years standing next to huge speakers and now needs hearing aids.

So, traditional ways of listening to music don't work for him because of the different frequency balance that the hearing aids reproduce.

Anyway, no real point to this post other than to say enjoy (and protect) your hearing while you still got it.

• Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    PBN Montana EPS speakers. Don't know anything about them cuz they are way out of my weight class.

https://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/ele/d/pbn-montana-eps-speakersnew/6538796348.html
  • adb3da
    adb3da Posts: 506
    Options

I remember being really impressed with those Athena speakers for the money back in the early-mid 2000s. I think they look a bit dated by today's standard but they were a nice sounding speaker for sure.
  • verb
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I'm about to head back to WI in May for 10 days and I'd love to pick up those towers and hook them up to a small integrated, to try to get my dad back into music/hifi. To thank him for how he was responsible for me being exposed to nice gear when I was growing up courtesy of the Onkyo Integra integrated he had hooked up to Snell bookies.

Unfortunately he spent too many years standing next to huge speakers and now needs hearing aids.

So, traditional ways of listening to music don't work for him because of the different frequency balance that the hearing aids reproduce.

Anyway, no real point to this post other than to say enjoy (and protect) your hearing while you still got it.

The point is - I love you Dad! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • tonyb
    Options
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    PBN Montana EPS speakers. Don't know anything about them cuz they are way out of my weight class.

https://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/ele/d/pbn-montana-eps-speakersnew/6538796348.html

Guys, go snatch these up, for 2200 it's a no brainer. PBN makes some nice speakers.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    Options
    adb3da wrote: »

I remember being really impressed with those Athena speakers for the money back in the early-mid 2000s. I think they look a bit dated by today's standard but they were a nice sounding speaker for sure.

Yep, and for 125 bucks....what else ya gonna buy on that kind of budget.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    Options
    https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/ele/d/polk-audio-rti-10-speakers-do/6564268928.html

RTI 10's and a CSI-3 for 250, nice deal, in cherry too.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Seller seems to struggle with spelling, but a nice deal ($50) on a CS-350LS in Baltimore:

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-audio-center-speaker/6563634573.html
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    Options
    scubalab wrote: »
    Seller seems to struggle with spelling....

Or just hitting the key next to the one they intended. :p
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,554
    Options
    If it all works that is a steal
  • verb
    Options
  • Tony M
    Options
    Sorry Dave.
    400.00 for each pair it looks like. :(
  • verb
    Options
    Oh. Good catch Tony! Thanks.