broken monitor 40 tweeter

Options
alibabwish
alibabwish Posts: 12
edited May 2007 in Troubleshooting
probally one of the dumbest things that accidentally happened, but my monitor 40 fell out of the back of my car and dented in one side, and i didnt notice it for a while, but i broke the tweeter when it fell. Is there any sort of replacement tweeter i can buy and possibly install it myself?
Post edited by alibabwish on

Comments

• AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited May 2007
    Options
    if you contact polk support and/or wait for a reply to this post from polk support, they should be able to sell you a replacement. Not sure of model number or cost, but it won't be too bad.

Easy to replace. Tell them you are a polk member if you call and they will give you a discount (10%, I think) and maybe even free shipping.

Good luck!
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm sorry you had an accident. Send me your address at kswauger@polkaudio.com and I'll send you a tweeter, at no charge.
    Regards, Ken
  • Redrum
    Redrum Posts: 5
    Options
    Could someone help me with my situation... my tweeters on my monitor 40 speakers ain't working... how can iget them sent ?
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    I would look inside the cabinets and make sure they are wired properly before you buy tweeters. Other than that I’m not an expert so hopefully someone else can help.