Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    edited April 2018
    F1nut wrote: »
    Joey_V wrote: »
    I broke down... grills on

3t7jxxtmqpg3.jpeg

I don’t trust the one in the dinosaur sweater....

You're going to find those balls stuffed in the ports......lol

Ummm

That’s actually a legitimate concern now that you mention it Jesse
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    DSkip wrote: »
    Get some foam to stick in there. Pull it when you listen.

Genius
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,476
    DSkip wrote: »
    Get some foam to stick in there. Pull it when you listen.

Made by Nerf
  • Joey_V
    edited April 2018
    I have inspected the port, there are no balls yet.

So far, needs quite a bit of tweaking, a little bassy but I can tell you it is definitely warmer than the BW CM10s2 that it replaced. Not as warm as my Sonus Fabers.

My wife just got home from her girls' night... "blue??"

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited April 2018
    Joey, see if you can buy two more of the smaller grill covers to put over the ports. Attach them with this stuff.

https://express.google.com/product/Command-Damage-Free-Picture-Hanging-Strips-Large-12pk/15180453233509242137_11261832548134457043_10046
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    Congrats on the new speakers, looking forward to your impressions.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    In my old Velodyne sub (it was a vx-10b) it would rattle REALLY loud at low frequencies, and with the music I listened to at the time, it would rattle all the time. So I final,y convinced my dad to let me open it up and fix it, and when I did, there were 3 cat toys with a bell in them and a hot wheels car. The cat toys were not my fault. The hot wheels car... you never know :wink:
    Nice speakers dude, how do they sound? I’ve never heard a pair of Focals before so you’ll have to do a in depth review. :grin:
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Very nice. Congrats.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited April 2018
    Wow, the new $10K Flax cone and Beryllium tweet marriage Kanta in powder blue for the kids game room. Joey, you are raising future audiophile giants. Your kids are going to want $20k systems in their dorm rooms/apt and custom installed $5k Focal Utopia Be component sets, $2000 Mosconi amps, etc in their CLA AMG coupes! Start them on the path while they are young....
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Why do they always go straight for the tweeter? LOL Someday I'll share my audio system saving process known as "Grandpa Steve's Towel rule."
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Why do they always go straight for the tweeter? LOL Someday I'll share my audio system saving process known as "Grandpa Steve's Towel rule."

Ha, I have some rules as well. No throwing things, and a 2 ft distance from any electronics/speakers. No walking around with drinks, sit at a table or coffee table and drink. Might as well have caution tape around any stereo gear. Mine is an invisible caution tape though, and they know it.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Joey_V
    WLDock wrote: »
    Wow, the new $10K Flax cone and Beryllium tweet marriage Kanta in powder blue for the kids game room. Joey, you are raising future audiophile giants. Your kids are going to want $20k systems in their dorm rooms/apt and custom installed $5k Focal Utopia Be component sets, $2000 Mosconi amps, etc in their CLA AMG coupes! Start them on the path while they are young....
    With my recent financial/part time job issues, I’m gonna be real broke ha
  • Joey_V
    steveinaz wrote: »

I was wondering the same thing, I was like wait where are those fingers going??

It’s not like he hasn’t seen a speaker before but all the other speakers the tweeter is out of reach.
  • mlistens03
    Guys, I’m going to admit to a terrible evil... I was that kid. I walked right up and poked the tweeter dust cap on my dads Eosone S60s (or something like that, they were something supposedly made by Polk at Best Buy). I’m sorry.
    I also recently poked the dust cap on one of the woofer when trying to clean it up, but I fixed that before he noticed :wink: he found out later, but he was cool since it was fixed :relieved:
  • Joey_V
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Guys, I’m going to admit to a terrible evil... I was that kid. I walked right up and poked the tweeter dust cap on my dads Eosone S60s (or something like that, they were something supposedly made by Polk at Best Buy). I’m sorry.
    I also recently poked the dust cap on one of the woofer when trying to clean it up, but I fixed that before he noticed :wink: he found out later, but he was cool since it was fixed :relieved:
    Thank goodness the beryllium tweeter has a guard...
  • Joey_V
    Clipdat wrote: »
    It looks like you already have a Rotel pre and amp in the cabinet powering them? How are they sounding?

They sound OK

I have to tweak and position them better, need to plug in the upgraded speaker wires. Gonna try my last OPPO real quick (before deciding on selling it for the final time). Then figure out what’s next.

I think to get more out of them I would need either active room correction or room treatments. I don’t know if my wife will approve of room treatments. I know she has suggested that Disney Frozen come and add some decor touches because of the ice blue speakers
  • mlistens03

Keep the covers on those woofers too, you don’t think it’ll happen til it does.
  • Joey_V
    edited April 2018

I’m just glad there are no dustcaps

Emma was never like this, but the kid in the dinosaur sweater is sneaky
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited April 2018

I’m just glad there are no dustcaps

Emma was never like this, but the kid in the dinosaur sweater is sneaky

Who's kid is that anyway?!? Sheesh the nerve of some people's kids. ;)
  • mlistens03
    Ahh ok I see that now. I thought the had black dust caps
  • Joey_V
    Waiting outside in the lobby of the music school, Emma’s inside playing with the cello

Still sounds better than even my best system

38vy0h4x6r02.jpeg
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    I have mixed feelings about records being used as decoration.
  • Joey_V
    I have mixed feelings about records being used as decoration.

Cannibalism
  • mpitogo
    mpitogo Posts: 475
    Looks great! Hope you get to enjoy them
    • Living Room Music-2.0 Polk Legend L800 | McIntosh C70 | McIntosh MA5200 (Treble) | McIntosh MC452 (Bass) | Sublimeacoustic K231 Active xover | Denon DP-2500A | Denafrips Ares II | Belkin Soundform Connect | iPad Air USB to DAC
    • Media Room Ht-7.2.6/13.1 (Atmos/Auro-3D) Polk LSiM707, LSiM706c, LSiM702 F/X [x4], height LSiM703 [x6], HSU VTF-15H MK2 Dual | Marantz AV8805A | Rotel RB-1590 (L/R) | Appollon NC500 11ch | Sony UBP-X800 | AppleTV 4K | JVC RS2100
    • Game Room-5.1 Polk LSi25, LSiC, LSiF/X | Marantz SR7009 | AppleTV 4K | Xbox One S | Sony PS2, PS3 | Nintendo Wii | Gaming PC | Sony 75" LCD
    • Master Bedroom Music-2.0 Totem Hawk | Marantz PM-10 | Marantz SA-10 | SONY PS-HX500
    • Office-2.0 Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX, DSW microPRO3000 | Rotel RA-1570 | Marantz HD-CD1
    • Daughter's Bedroom 1-2.0 TBD Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 2-2.0 Klipsch RP-600M | Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 3-3.0 Martin Logan Motion 40, 50XT | Onkyo TX-SR705 | Apple TV | Samsung 55" TV
    • Guest Room 4-2.0 QAcoustics 3030i | Sansui AU-6900 | Topping DX7s | Sansui FR-1080 | TV
    • Maintenance: Pro-Ject VC-S Record Cleaning Machine
  • Joey_V
    mpitogo wrote: »
    Looks great! Hope you get to enjoy them

I think so

Right now I’d put:

1. Main system 90%
    2. Sonus Faber system 70%
    3. Focal system 60%
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    I wonder how long they will take to break in.
  • Joey_V
    I wonder how long they will take to break in.

I think the room has more to do with the sound, I’ve been in the speaker game long enough. I can tell

The Kanta 2 is a superb speaker.

It’s just not pushed in an untreated gameroom but I knew that

But compared to the main system, it’s not even in the same zip code.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Expect 2-300 hours for that beryllium tweeter to smooth out.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Joey_V
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    Expect 2-300 hours for that beryllium tweeter to smooth out.

Prob have 100 left

The tweeter isn’t bright actually