Incoming! Finally, the French are coming!

13»

Comments

• ukcolin99
    ukcolin99 Posts: 286
    Price is ridonkulous, described condition under suspicion..$4K??
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    ukcolin99 wrote: »
    Price is ridonkulous, described condition under suspicion..$4K??

I konw right... fudge that's awesome.

Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Update:
    T minus 30 minutes, the French are arriving!
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Live feed:

Good thing it was Saran wrapped cuz it’s raining up in here!

scq87tryj2hm.jpeg
    ic00qfusjusr.jpeg
    tn5b9daxmm9x.jpeg
    gfuujo6dkidc.jpeg
  • Joey_V
    I assume “cote” is French.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    it is a region of France, also means shred or coop. lots of good Wine from there!

They look a little to heavy to haul to LSAF!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Just gotta ask if white-flag delivery was included. :D
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    did you get a kiss on both cheeks ? :o
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Joey_V wrote: »
    I assume “cote” is French.

It means "side" (in this case) and also means "coast", as in "seacoast". Or maybe the speakers just have a fresh "cote" of black paint? :)
  • Joey_V
    marvda1 wrote: »
    did you get a kiss on both cheeks ? :o

From the delivery man???
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    A little off subject but i love that brick wall on the side of your driveway.
  • Joey_V
    CH46E wrote: »
    A little off subject but i love that brick wall on the side of your driveway.

We bought in this neighborhood 3 years ago because it reminded us of Chicago in Texas

My wife was not keen on the typical Texan house
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    If you’re reminded of Chicago in any part of Texas; RUN! That place has no business being here.
  • Joey_V
    rpf65 wrote: »
    If you’re reminded of Chicago in any part of Texas; RUN! That place has no business being here.

Haha

Nah we like it this way
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    There aren't enough pictures in this thread ;)
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Airplay355 wrote: »
    There aren't enough pictures in this thread ;)

e0tpx0emyfcd.jpg
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Wrong breed for the thread
    11y4u2cb4nyf.jpg
    us9qx14vun0c.jpg
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Joey_V
    See new thread!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    us9qx14vun0c.jpg

Sorry...can’t be, as he is not wearing a white collar.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited April 2018
    Joey_V wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    Looking forward to the review Joey, what's in the cards for front end electronics for these ?
    My goal is warmer but still good for
    The kids
    Parasound JC1 stack is what I’m aiming for. Will that happen? Only 1 person knows.
    And that ain’t me.
    That’s Melissa, CEO CFO CIA Exexutive Chairman
    Have you demo'ed the Devialet Expert integrated units? What did you think?
    While there are so many integrated units out there, they of course seem to have good relationship with Focal. I was surprised at the sound of the Aria 948 mated with their older D200 unit. I really enjoyed the short demo at AXPONA a few years ago. Actually, I could have listed to that system for hours (never enough time...). That's saying quite a bit given the level gear at the show. Their SAM circuit is interesting tech. It makes for a really clean system as well.

TAVES_PLURISON.JPG

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Joey_V
    Haven’t heard devialet

I heard that Naim sounded real good with these speakers, WLD
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    French & French! Anyway, there seems to be no dealers down there with the stuff.

Hers an Interesting take on the their stuff from a few years ago. Surprising sound, their hybrid class A / class D amps.
    https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2015/10/06/rmaf-2015-devialets-dark-horses-of-the-sonic-apocalypse-come-to-denver/
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    WLDock wrote: »
    French & French! Anyway, there seems to be no dealers down there with the stuff.

Hers an Interesting take on the their stuff from a few years ago. Surprising sound, their hybrid class A / class D amps.
    https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2015/10/06/rmaf-2015-devialets-dark-horses-of-the-sonic-apocalypse-come-to-denver/

First time I heard the focal Electra’s was on Devialets 1000 watt mono blocks, and again on the sopra No. 3. Both blew me away. Incredible clarity and power without fatigue.

I believe you can download different files for different models of speakers for better bass response and flatter frequency. I think... trying
    To go off memory on this one.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.