usher r1.5 power amp

150 watts per 88 lbs. with the classic threshold look.
local pickup only dallas/fort worth area. this amp is in mint condition.
asking $1400 new i believe it is $2550
Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
Puritan PSM156

Comments

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    this is the best review of the amp that i have read.
    https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/view/34671328/the-sensible-sound-usher-audio
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Been wanting to get ears on one for a while, but, they're fairly elusive.
  • marvda1
    $1350
    Puritan PSM156
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    FYI guys this is a great solid, and musical amp. Basically a Nelson Pass Stasis

I've seen and heard this amp, very musical. The only reason Marvin's probably finally letting this amp go, is because he has several tube amps. He's horded this amp because it's solid as a rock.

See ya at LSAF Marv...cheers bro
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • kharp1
    I don't need this, but, I really want it. You know where this is heading. I'm torn between hoping someone here buys it so that I don't, and, snagging it and hording.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Buy it and take delivery at LSAF to save shipping lol
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • kharp1
    That's what I was thinking. I've already got the Rosso Siena to bring back, which is a 2 part speaker system, the Usher Mini Dancer 2's, some acoustic panels, I'm bring my Joule pre, Butler amp and Marantz SACD player to audition with some gear...so, it's going to be tight. Looks like I'm renting a cargo or moving van for the trip.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited February 2018
    If those Dancers don’t suit your fancy...... let me know......

I’d love to own a set if I was in position to do so....

Oh and be honest with yourself... make it a 12 footer :wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • txcoastal1
    kharp1 wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking. I've already got the Rosso Siena to bring back, which is a 2 part speaker system, the Usher Mini Dancer 2's, some acoustic panels, I'm bring my Joule pre, Butler amp and Marantz SACD player to audition with some gear...so, it's going to be tight. Looks like I'm renting a cargo or moving van for the trip.

Glad to hear your coming down bro. Rent a minvan. I had to one year, rented a dodge, the seats rolled all the way into the floor giving me a ton of room and better seats for the ride. Also FYI freight and pallet shipping is not that bad. I shipped the big@$$ Dynaudio 400lbs to Hawaii with insurance for under a grand
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• kharp1
    A grand? You think I'm made of money? My name is Kerry G, not Joey V.

:):):)
  • txcoastal1
    A grand? You think I'm made of money? My name is Kerry G, not Joey V.

:):):)

That was to Hawaii

• kharp1
    Oh, yeah, that's like a whole other state or something.
  • txcoastal1

If I recall the last trip home from TX cost you a lot more than a grand :o:p

• marvda1
    edited February 2018
    guts picture
    note: the balanced inputs do not come hooked up unless you request it on order. i was/am not running balanced.
    Puritan PSM156
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Hey Kerry, since I am driving down to LSAF too, I would happily take any of that gear that you can't fit and store it at my place until you could make it up that way. Wouldn't even charge you for storage either!

I'm here to enable help.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • kharp1
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

If I recall the last trip home from TX cost you a lot more than a grand :o:p

Those rotten bastages, hiding right in the middle of the slow lane where you almost run snack dab in to the back of their patrol car! I still swear that's entrapment. The car was even painted the same color as the horizon.
  • Montoya
    Montoya Posts: 506
    I want this bad... Interested in any trades? Got a decent Bryston 9BSST in black
  • Montoya
    Montoya Posts: 506
    Well let me see how fast I can move some unwanted gear to purchase your unwanted gear. lol
  • marvda1
    bump $1350
    Puritan PSM156
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 899
    That's a good deal. Even less than I'm paying Skip for an Auralic Altair. Threshold 88 pounds vs. Auralic 7 pounds, diffidently less per pound.
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    If this was local it wouldn't be for sale any longer :( glws
  • marvda1
    It is sold
    Puritan PSM156