On a binge again...

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    FML!!!!!!!!

Not even 24 hrs after I bring the CS-350 home, one of the cats decides it's a jungle gym and flips it off it's temp place on my TV sub..... On to it's face... :s:'( 5 of 6 of the grill pins are snapped off in the front bezel. The vinyl on the face has 2 gashes in it. Fortunately none of the driver seized.

So, now I need to repair it AND kill a cat. The hardest part is to decide which to do first.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    How many you got? You might not even notice if one goes missing.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    FestYboy wrote: »
    FML!!!!!!!!

Not even 24 hrs after I bring the CS-350 home, one of the cats decides it's a jungle gym and flips it off it's temp place on my TV sub..... On to it's face... :s:'( 5 of 6 of the grill pins are snapped off in the front bezel. The vinyl on the face has 2 gashes in it. Fortunately none of the driver seized.

So, now I need to repair it AND kill a cat. The hardest part is to decide which to do first.

Cat! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • FestYboy
    I have 6, but sure only one of 3 did it, the other 3 aren't interested in jumping up on the stuff in that area. So I'm at an impass on the feline eradication issue...

Anyone have experience repairing the grill pins? Should I just go magnetic mount? Velcro? Other ideas?
  • verb
    I haven't done it yet, but I have an RT35i grille with a couple of broken pins. I have the pins, both have a clean break. My plan was to drill a small hole 1/16" diameter in both the broken pin and frame, and use the same diameter music wire inserted in both pin and frame. I planned to epoxy everything back in place.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • FestYboy
    ^ I was thinking the same, only smaller drill shanks.
  • verb
    That would work. The key is to get the music wire in there to reinforce it, otherwise it'll probably snap off again. Dang cats! :smile:
  • FestYboy
    edited April 2018
    verb wrote: »
    Dang cats! :smile:

That wasn't my adjective for them... >:)
    In fact, I believe it was a few adverbs :*
  • FestYboy
    Fired it up, one side of the MWs weren't active, but I lucked out and only one of the fastons came loose.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I haven't done it yet, but I have an RT35i grille with a couple of broken pins. I have the pins, both have a clean break. My plan was to drill a small hole 1/16" diameter in both the broken pin and frame, and use the same diameter music wire inserted in both pin and frame. I planned to epoxy everything back in place.

That's what I used to do on quite a few. I think I used an 1/8" dia. drill bit. It's been a while since my round-up and complete renewal of all broken grillpegs.

I forget what type of pin material I used. It's been that long ago. I do know it wasn't music wire. But what I did use, WORKED beautifully. I mostly had a lot of JBL pegs to fix. Some Polks too. I think they were easily broken by idiots without patience. :#
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    I feed 2-3 cat's to Chester a week.
    Whats your address?
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    cat's
    cat is?

• verb
    Punctuation Police on the prowl again! @Viking64's that's :smile:
  • Viking64
    Punctuation Police on the prowl again! @Viking64's that's :smile:

Nah, just giving it back a little at a time. HAHAHAHAHA
  • pitdogg2
    edited April 2018
    Auto correct says it's right so who am I to argue. Would you like me to fix it so your OCD stays manageable?
    I have 787 seconds so make it quick like
  • Viking64
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Auto correct says it's right so who am I to argue. Would you like me to fix it so your OCD stays manageable?
    I have 787 seconds so make it quick like

I just think it's funny that you try to make it look like my reading comprehension is poor and then have to rely on auto-correct to tell you whether your punctuation and grammar is correct or not. :p

I'm sorry I hurt your widdle feewings. :'(
  • pitdogg2
    Trust me Jim you hurt nothing. I could care less. 99.9% of the time autocorrect is turned off, unless my phone has a software update. That happened last night and i promptly turned it off when i noticed the change.

So cat is it is wtf cares
  • Viking64
    edited April 2018
    Now your just been a jerk's.

x0d0ebg3c4rh.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    edited April 2018
  • FestYboy
    Really!? This thread is about Me, and I'm going to be selfish about it. :p
  • Viking64
    Really!? This thread is about Me, and I'm going to be shellfish about it. :p

*fixed :p

pscu1j7jf1eg.jpg
  • FestYboy
    la2vegas wrote: »
    I haven't bought any speakers in over a month. I think that I might have shot my wad. I guess the only thing I have to do now is sell most, if not all my stash, for cheap. ;)

Interested!!! Lol

And in with $1.83 before Russ can say anything ;)
  • Viking64
    Only problem is the shipping might kill you. :/

Just provide proper air holes and a few bags of Fritos in the box.
  • FestYboy
    I haven't bought any speakers in over a month. I think that I might have shot my wad. I guess the only thing I have to do now is sell most, if not all my stash, for cheap. ;)

Interested!!! Lol

And in with $1.83 before Russ can say anything ;)

Only problem is the shipping might kill you. :/

I wonder how much a POD would cost...
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    I’ve got to reduce my stash of audio equipment before I find something really awesome at goodwill and I’m told no because “you already have too many speakers”
    I in fact found a pair of Bowers and Wilkins 800 series bookshelf speakers, and my mom told me no. I tried to convince her they were worth hundreds of dollars, not the 50 they were asking, and she didn’t believe me. I showed her the speakers online later and we went back but they were already gone.
  • Tony M
    Good things don't last more than a few hours around here.

But I stopped going because I really don't have the space to even rotate my stuff anymore. I need a storage unit! A big double size storage unit! Like 40x30. :D
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Don't get a storage unit. The second you have to get a storage unit, you are admitting that you have a hording problem.
    Tony M wrote: »

But I stopped going because I really don't have the space to even rotate my stuff anymore. I need a storage unit! A big double size storage unit! Like 40x30. :D

• Tony M
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Don't get a storage unit. The second you have to get a storage unit, you are admitting that you have a hording problem.

I just checked the prices of storage units and I won't be renting one. They want about 90.00 a month for a 5x15. That would clear a lot of space for me but I think trying to sell would be the smarter financial move for me at this point!
  • FestYboy
    Clipdat wrote: »

Lies!!! It's a well procured collection.
  • FestYboy
    So, I did a thing today....

8dwl0h1cf55g.jpg

Boxes are intact and original IC, also came with a Euro spec NAD 7155, a pioneer single deck, a pro-ject table and some Goodwill fodder (DVD player and VHS)

Was really hoping when he said SDA they were 2A/Bs, but I'm ok with this ;)