3.1 wiring diagram

Hello everbody! Just tearing into my recently acquired 3.1`s and I will be darned if i cannot find a wiring diagram for these things that shows what wires go where including wire colors and polarity of the colors.

Comments

  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,247
    Hopefully you labled as you went and took pictures... There are diagrams in a sticky in the vintage section here.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 40,981
    There is no wiring diagram available.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

    "A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."


  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,247
    edited April 2018
    F1nut wrote: »
    There is no wiring diagram available.

    Damn. I would have thought the sticky thread would have had it...

    Well, back the the tried and true notes and pics method. Or grab the ear of a member who has a pair for their insight.

    edit: found it!!! http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/55888/polk-audio-speaker-wiring-schematics-more-stereo-dimensional-array-sda#latest

    3rd from the bottom of the big boy list, looks like this:
    9ghcjgxfri09.png
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,247
    ^ interesting, the diagram above suggests that the 6503s are all run in parallel... Shouldn't they be in series-parallel to quell some of the load?
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,728
    FestYboy wrote: »

    OP is looking for the wiring diagram "that shows what wires go where including wire colors and polarity of the colors", not the schematic.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 12,283
    Viking64 wrote: »
    FestYboy wrote: »

    OP is looking for the wiring diagram "that shows what wires go where including wire colors and polarity of the colors", not the schematic.

    reading is fundamental Jim.
    there is no 3.1 wiring diagram on that page....
    @FestYboy boy is showing the only item for 3.1
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,247
    A bit of backwards sluthing will reveal the wire colors and their polarity.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 12,283
    white and black more than likely to stereo drivers and blue or yellow and green to SDA driver. tweeter should be self explanatory. Stereo wire harness from XO up should just meet each driver. It should not be that hard.
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,728
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    reading is fundamental Jim.
    there is no 3.1 wiring diagram on that page....
    @FestYboy boy is showing the only item for 3.1

    He quoted F1nut who said there was no wiring diagram on the sticky SDA page, and then he edited to say that he found it. Then he posted the schematic. The OP obviously couldn't find the wiring diagram last night, just the schematic. I couldn't find the wiring diagram last night because there wasn't one. Just the schematic. Jesse posted the same thing this morning. FestYBoy found the schematic, which isn't what the OP was looking for. That's all I was saying. If he was posting the only thing that was on the page, as you say, why would he say "Found it!!!!"? A day late and a dollar short. :p

  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,247
    What if I'm color blind? :p
  • The reason I ask is that somebody got into these cabinets before me and I need to make sure everything is hooked up correctly. I see some confusing wiring going on such as a stereo driver that has both black and white leads crimped together on one connector leaving me questioning the polarity of this particular driver. Plus one of the sda drivers was missing when I got them so I have no idea what the polarity of the green and blue sda wires are. I could pull the other sda driver and just assume that it’s hooked up correctly phase wise, but making assumptions has gotten me in trouble in the past lol
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 12,283
    blue is positive and green well is negative like on 99.9999999 % of stuff. That crimped B/W wire is correct and normal.
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 684
    FestYboy wrote: »
    What if I'm color blind? :p

    Then grey to array ground and greyer to positive...
    Home System: see
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    800 Va Dreadnought
    B&K Reference 50 Pre
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    BLE-Design 16mm Power Cables
    Cambridge Audio DVD 99
    Sangean HD FM Tuner

    Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
  • DollarDaveDollarDave Posts: 2,555
    The reason I ask is that somebody got into these cabinets before me and I need to make sure everything is hooked up correctly. I see some confusing wiring going on such as a stereo driver that has both black and white leads crimped together on one connector leaving me questioning the polarity of this particular driver. Plus one of the sda drivers was missing when I got them so I have no idea what the polarity of the green and blue sda wires are. I could pull the other sda driver and just assume that it’s hooked up correctly phase wise, but making assumptions has gotten me in trouble in the past lol

    If I remember correctly, two of the drivers are wired in parallel and then the next two are connected serially and are parallel to each other in order to balance the ohms (load). Made sense once I did an ohm calculation....I will be taking my 3.1s down to bare cabinets for a refurb and can verify then, but that’s probably a few months away.

  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 12,283
    And this pertains to this thread how?^^^^^
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!